- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services teamThe Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Communications and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Workplace services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Head of DWS IT Services, you will be responsible for provisioning world class global IT Service Delivery for all Digital Workplace IT services in the Dyson APAC region.
You will be accountable for providing end to end IT service ownership across all Digital Workplace Services through demand, design, delivery, operations, CSI and service retirement/replacement. You will comply with Service Management standards, processes and SLA’s. You will ensure the successful service design, transition, operation and improvement to existing, new and amended IT Digital Workplace services. You will work alongside the wider global DWS Team as well as your APAC regional team to ensure that IT DWS Services are delivered effectively and efficiently in your region. You are required to contribute to the creation of a successful Service Delivery strategy/roadmap for your underlying services, and execute that by leading and influencing in a highly matrixed and leveraged global environment.
- Working with the Head of IT Digital Workplace Services, Regional IT Director and Senior business stakeholders in your region to develop and deliver short, medium and long term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of end to end service delivery management across all Digital Workplace Services that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Working with the Head of DWS IT Services to define, implement and communicate a global service delivery management strategy for Digital Workplace services and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose for your region. Where global standards are set and maintained with only regional variations permitted for legislative and compliance reasons.
- Manage a regional team to effectively deliver Digital Workplace Services consisting of DWS IT Managers, and Service Management roles. This is to include effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Support the extended regional DWS team (Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers etc) to ensure that DWS IT Services are delivered to a high standard for new and existing services.
- Partner with regional senior business stakeholders to manage and plan their demand of IT delivery alongside the required budgets. Rolling up into a global DWS annual budget plan.
- Manage DWS budget (operational and project) for regional specific initiatives
- Ensure strong third party management for those delivering and supplying DWS services and compliance to delivery and operational standards e.g. incident management process, SLA compliance etc.
- Report on defined service delivery KPI’s and SLA’s for your region and continually drive for improvements
- Own and manage regular service reviews with your regional and market business stakeholders and IT suppliers in regions. Produce regular reporting on all elements of DWS regional services (demand, delivery, operations and CSI)
- Ensure that your market/functional DWS IT Managers hold regular service reviews with their stakeholders and market/functional third parties
- Evidence compliance of the demand, delivery and operational standards including CSI for your region.
- Ensure that for any existing, new or amended IT services being introduced that a service design is created and approved and that the service is transitioned effectively and smoothly into service operations that is fit for purpose for your region.
- Stay abreast of trends in Service Management and Digital Workplace Services including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on IT services for your region.
- Ensure that the DWS team and third parties are working within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global, regional or country level legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security standards etc
- Effectively manage regional operational risks and issues for Digital Workplace Services
- Provide on call support for weekends and national holidays in order to provide 24/7/365 DWS Service Owner support for major incidents/escalations.
- Provide major incident support for DWS Services in a follow the sun approach
About youYou must possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Regional Senior Leadership level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills for different sizes and complexities. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across your region.
- Previous experience as a Senior IT Leader for example as a Regional or Global Head of/Senior Manager of Service Delivery Management/Service Operations/Business Partnering with responsibilities aligned to the job description requirements above (minimum 5 years)
- Previous experience of effectively managing multi £m project and operational budgets
- Previous, recent and detailed experience of successfully transforming IT services in at least one of the following domains working within a senior IT leadership role in a company of similar size, scale and complexity as Dyson – End User Computing, Communication and Collaboration Services, HR services, Educational services, Security services
- Strong and recent leadership and management capabilities (minimum 5 years) evidencing the ability to drive career development, engagement, retainment and address any performance issues effectively along with driving technical and process transformation in a company of a similar size, scale and complexity to Dyson.
- Previous experience of leading and managing a regional or global team of mixed responsibilities (eg. Solution architects, Programme and Project Managers, Business Analysts and third-party development and delivery teams) to deliver clear business benefits and outcomes aligned to the business a defined business case.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project or operational issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate senior leadership decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior, director and Exec level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods.
- Previous experience of end to end accountability for risk ownership
- ITIL trained
- Project management trained (e.g. Prince2 or equivalent)
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming service delivery within a global company at a regional level
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to deliver against a strategic direction for Digital Workplace services
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management including end to end tendering and selection process (for contracts up to £8m annually)
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience and understanding of the following technical capabilities or underlying processes – WorkDay, M365, Windows, Mac, iOS, payroll solutions, Hybris
- Basic understanding of core office infrastructure including networks, firewalls, proxy etc.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.#LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.