- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. The company is known for surprising new inventions that defy convention.
From the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner, to air purifiers/fans without rotor blades, to our hair styling products that enable professional styling at home just like at the hairdresser: We continue to develop relentlessly - our products inspire every technology fan and make household and co. an experience!
Our culture is unique; The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
About the Role
Dyson is growing globally at a rapid pace, and the Estates team must not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated, and maintained to Best in Class standards. To support new growth, ongoing business functions, and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for a Senior Operations Manager to support ongoing Real Estate needs across EMEA.
Based primarily at our EMEA Headquarters in Amsterdam, NL and reporting directly to the Head of EMEA & Americas Real Estate, this role will work within the Estates team to manage and optimize the portfolio of directly leased sites within EMEA, traveling as needed to maintain & optimize site needs across the region. Dyson properties cover offices, R&D laboratories, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, service centers, and retail stores. Critical to success in this role will be strong organization and management skills. The role will focus on leading internal and external stakeholders to identify what best-in-class Facilities at Dyson look like and delivering on this vision through all phases of planning and execution.
- Service Delivery: Manage all work streams related to projects & facilities maintenance at designated sites to ensure facilities, fixtures, and equipment are well maintained at optimum performance levels. Equipment performance tracking and reporting to be conducted regularly.
- Site Audits & Assessments: Frequent travel to designated sites across the EMEA region to audit site conditions and recommend improvements against 5 YR investment pipeline.
- Vendor Management: Ownership of all vendors related to: break/fix & proactive maintenance, catering, janitorial services, utilities, and general contracting. Regular tracking and reporting on vendor performance levels (cost, quality, etc) as well as defining annual KPIs and owning ABRs required. Will also own landlord relationships for relevant sites within portfolio.
- Database Ownership: Responsible for owning and optimizing various facilities related databases and dashboards including but not limited to Work Order processing, leasing, and contract management.
- Problem Solving: Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems and serves as an expert within own function and discipline. Owns resolution matrix for complex technical problems and provides recommendations for reasonable solutions, including presentations to upper management for the justification of resources to resolve the issues.
- Collaboration: Will closely collaborate with respective functions within Estates team for workspace planning, project management, and environmental/health and safety to ensure compliance and Best In Class service delivery. Will own additional key collaborative partnerships with: IT, Security, HS&E, Business Development & Transformation, Communications, Retail/Sales, etc.
- Stakeholder Management: Actively manage senior stakeholders including Senior Executive and C Suite members to understand their requirements and manage expectations vs demand.
- Contract Negotiation & Procurement: with support from our procurement & legal teams, will secure new and renewing contracts with our key vendors. Contract categories including but not limited to: general contracting, architectural services, FF&E, utilities, catering, janitorial, and maintenance services. Experience managing competitive bid/RFP processes required as well as contract award/negotiation and cost management/invoicing.
- Budget Management & Financial reporting: Responsible for the regions’ FM budget, you will work closely with relevant Finance Directors & Business Partners to design the annual budget and ensure spending remains within forecast throughout the year. Regular reviews and justification of both CapEx and OpEx spends will be required, while continually seeking areas for cost avoidance and savings.
- Project Management: end to end management of new core projects and site improvements including developing site plans with relevant stakeholders, developing an approved budget and managing cash flow throughout the course of the project, stakeholder management for incremental services, and the ability to develop and maintain an ongoing project schedule documenting vendor and stakeholder accountability.
- 10 Years experience in one or more of the following fields: facilities management, project management, property management, and/or real estate operations
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in relevant field or a Secondary Degree with 7+ years field experience
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in the capacity of Senior Management job role
- ISO, PMP, or RPA Certification strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work in tandem
- Proven people management experience, including both in-sourced and out-sourced staffing
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment, working both collaboratively and independently
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Familiar with relevant Local Code of Practices, including Safety, Health and Environment.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey issues concisely and accurately; a strong background in formal business casing & executive presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence stakeholders
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with others, and willingness to show initiative.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial accounting systems. Previous Ariba & SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Professional Certification(s) in Engineering or Facilities Management a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of Facilities equipment and installation methods.
- Diligent, committed, and open to new ideas.
Competitive Salary Package
Discount on Dyson products
Company Pension scheme
29 days annual holiday plan
Company Fitness plan
EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
Life Assurance Plan
Transportation allowance (0,19€/km regardless of the means of transport)
Health Insurance – Medical Contribution
Eye Examination & Computer Glasses Reimbursement
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.