- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the Role
Estates Operations is under the umbrella of Estates department that supports and ensures Dyson properties in the region operate smoothly and meet their growth plan in a timely manner. Dyson properties cover office, R&D laboratory, manufacturing facility, warehouse, service center, retail store. To play an active role in workplace experiences and expansions, as well as in strategic functions like space needs forecast, new sites search and provide solutions to meet stakeholders’ requirements. To engage various Stakeholders regularly and to meet their work requests and expectations.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the workplaces in the region. Ensure the facilities services, workplace experiences and buildings or offices meet operations requirements and in best-in-class conditions.
- Manage soft and catering services to ensure service providers meet Dyson’s high standards in cleaning, vector control, landscaping, transport, canteen operation, housekeeping and food quality. Work with service providers on regular cost and quality improvements.
- Manage hard services to ensure building, external compound, fixtures and fittings, and plant equipment are maintained at optimum performance level. To track their performance level and capacity utilization regularly.
- Responsible for small project or minor works. Collaborate with other functions to meet security, safety, environmental and health compliances.
- Manage property / facilities related procurement, license / permit renewal, cost management, visitor management and end-users’ work requests.
- Present proposals to senior management, and to justify the resources to make improvements.
- Upkeep the standard operating procedures to ensure Code / Authority, ISO and Dyson’s standards compliances.
- Responsible for people training and development. Motivate and nurture the people. Promote collaboration and teamwork.
- Review and justify Capex and OPEX. Support cost efficiency programs.
- Effectively coordinate activities with local stakeholders pertaining to operations, projects and Estates’ programs to ensure smooth delivery, transparency and consistency.
- Support other region’s work requests when called upon.
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Estates Management from a reputable University.
- At least 10 years of working experience in Facilities / Estates job responsibilities, and minimum 2 years of working experience in the capacity of Senior Management job role.
- Working experiences in EMEA is preferred. Willing to travel overseas for work assignments.
- Familiar with effective outsource management program.
- Highly proficient in systematic problem solving and process control techniques.
- Familiar with relevant Local Code of Practices, including Safety, Health and Environment.
- Professional Certification(s) in Engineering or Facilities Management is an advantage.
- Strong planning and organizing capability.
- Good knowledge in Facilities equipment and installation methods.
- Strong in Facilities Operations & Maintenance methods, & end-users’ work requirements.
- Excellent in management and communication skills.
- Strong team player and able to work independently.
- Enjoy interacting with people, especially in the senior management level.
- Diligent, committed and open to new ideas.
Competitive Salary Package.
Discount on Dyson products.
Company Pension scheme.
29 days annual holiday plan.
Company Fitness plan.
EAP (Employee Assistant Programme).
Life Assurance Plan.
Health Insurance – Medical Contribution.
Eye Examination & Computer Glasses Reimbursement.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.