- Regulatory and Compliance
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for skilled individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class research, design and development (RDD) department, these professionals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our vision of being truly different and better than our competitors.
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
The Global Health and Safety Team’s purpose is to contribute to Dyson’s future growth by maintaining a 5 Star experience for our Employees, Shoppers, Owner’s and Business Partners. This includes the prevention of foreseeable harm, optimal people performance and well-being, reducing our impact on our Environment and the avoidance of significant business disruption or other operational loss. We’re proud to be a company led by innovation and the quest for a great consumer experience.
We are equally proud at Dyson that we place company values at the centre of “how we work”. The Senior Manager HSE Architecture will lead the the development and use of IT tools, platforms and management systems whilst maintaining environmental standards and programmes at Dyson to embed our new “Way we work” in regards to HSE across the global organisation by ensuring collaboration and implementing innovative solutions in to HSE operations.
About the role
You will act as the HSE Business Partner and as a functional specialist to all departments relative to IT platforms/tools used to progress HSE throughout the company.
You will manage the HSE support to the organisation (both the HSE community and the business groups) via a team of HSE Managers (RDD HSE Manager, Estates HSE Manager etc) and drawing on their personal subject matter expertise. There is an over riding expectation that as a HSE professional you will undertake any other role related task as outlined by the Global Health and Safety Director in order that you remain close to stakeholders.
You will be a specialist sole contributor role that requires collaboration with the HSE leadership team (Regional HSE teams).
- Lead the development and delivery of an HSE technology suite (and delivery programme) to support the company HSE strategy
- Develop a completely new HSE reporting template (with tools and data points) to generate useful insights for differently levels within the organisation
- Lead and own the creation of multi year technical roadmaps to support the ongoing HSE strategy and roadmap
- Efectivly manage 3rd party suppliers via regular reviews to ensure they are performing inline with contractual agreements and service delivery expectations. Align on product roadmaps to inform the HSE roadmap
- Provide direction to ensure both the site and wider regional H&S priorities are appropriately supported through the use of technology to manage data
- Use a combination of coaching and mentoring so ensure that SMEs are successful and effective at making use of data generated from HSE tools to improve business processes
- Collaborate to ensure the sites are supported to focus on their functional expertise via an HSE matrix company wide
- This role requires the individual to strike the perfect harmony of managing a core area for the team whilst remaining connected to operations and tactical delivery (hands on)
- Own and manage any budgets in relation to the HSE technology suite
Extensive relevant experience preferably within an HSE function
- Strong subject matter expertise in HSE IT platforms
- Strong understanding of HSE Compliance legal frameworks and have the ability and resourcefulness to determine the practical application of the requirements
- Strong influencing skill and involvement in change management
- Demonstrable experience of working in global matrix organisation
- Building strong stakeholder relationships (internally and externally) to the business and partnership with enforcement officers
- Ideally Educated to degree level in a scientific subject (or equivalent).
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification* (NEBOSH Diploma preferable)
- ISO 45001 or ISO 14001 Lead auditor
- Demonstrable continuing professional development (CPD).
- Empnstrable experience of using recognised continuos improvement methodologies (e.g. Six sigma / kaizen etc)
- Recognised environmental qualification
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.