- Strategy and Transformation
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience. Our ambitions are bold, we aim to Double Dyson; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our portfolio and halve time to market.
As a Product Development and Technology company, it is imperative that Dyson has a well designed over-arching framework for product development, underpinned by digital tools and systems that enables Dyson to work globally at scale and pace.
About the role
This role will reside within Product Development, developing, defining and prioritising of the overall portfolio of IT programmes and Agile backlog. The role is responsible for leading the successful business implementation of complex IT programmes that enhance Dyson’s product development capabilities and engineering processes.
The role will work in close partnership with the Research, Design and Development (RDD) IT Delivery Team and have oversight of projects and programmes covering, Research, New Product Innovation, Design, Development, Quality, Procurement Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, identifying and defining a prioritised multi-year IT delivery roadmap and dependencies between projects, optimising delivery to enhance product development capabilities.
- Lead, develop and champion the Vision for the Portfolio of Product Development IT programmes; Why we need it, What it is, and How functions, teams and individuals engage with it.
- Manage the portfolio of IT programmes and lead the business implementation and deployment so that the investment in IT systems and tools deliver real benefits to product development teams.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify areas where IT solutions can improve the product development process and increase efficiency.
- Qualify new project requests and verify requirements. Shape the portfolio of projects by prioritising those projects aligned to overall business strategy and product development roadmap.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the IT development process; including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and own deployment into the business.
- Contribute to the development of business cases to secure investment and approvals on individual projects, and consolidate total portfolio level investment for future years
- Mentor and coach junior Product Development programme managers and project managers to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Minimally 8 years of experience in a product development or engineering function and IT programme management
- Experience managing complex IT programmes with cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor teams to achieve project goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with project management tools
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.