- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology company. We examine what currently exists and question it. We take things apart and look at them from new angles. We reinvent things that should simply work better. Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor. Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 5,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020.
“That’s really what Dyson is all about – new thinking to solve everyday problems.” - James Dyson
About the Role
This role is responsible for defining and executing Media strategies to drive Dyson business – both direct to consumer (online and stores) and via 3rd party retail. The role incorporates traditional media, digital and performance media as well as social media and influencer collaborations.
You will be responsible for leading and bringing together multiple teams and agencies to deliver the optimum and most effective shopper journey that engages audiences and allows them to discover the Dyson machine that works for them. And get the most out of it post-purchase, growing loyal, happy owners.
In this role you are the gatekeeper of the relationship with our media agency so are tasked with ensuring they continue innovating to deliver the required demand. You are also a significant stakeholder in converting this demand into sales – primarily through our direct website. To deliver this you partner with internal teams both within the Korea business but also across the globe.
Underpinning all the above is insight, ideas and efficiency – you will need a growth mindset and a curiosity to deliver results smarter.
Media strategy and planning
- Work with Category teams (Floorcare, Environmental Care and Hair Care) to define media strategy that compliments commercial ambition and meets brand health targets.
- Collaborate closely with category teams on campaign strategy and audience insights to align on media brief for agency.
- Work with media agency to create annual timeline, plan and resourcing SOW – as well as quarterly plans to deliver business needs.
- Work with the agency to optimize existing process to drive efficiencies without sacrificing insight
- Work with regional and global media teams to implement Dyson best practice, media innovation and share learnings with Dyson media and digital marketing community.
- Ensure all KPIs are met / exceeded and maximum value is extracted from our media investment
- Accelerate and embed the understanding of cross channel dependency with insights from marketing mix modelling (MMM).
- Ensure all data inputs to global team are an accurate reflection of how budget is being spent
- Connect Dyson’s brand health, competitiveness and revenue performance to give Dyson a full business 360 view.
Digital Marketing planning and optimization
- Own relationship with agencies, internal team and digital partners (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo etc.) to define annual plans that deliver engagement and efficiency at scale
- Adopt and implement new technology systems that have the power to deliver insight and efficiency quickly
- Work with insights teams to create connected pre-set and onsite journeys
- Support owned asset team to create compelling briefs that contextualize the need for audience lead content to improve the bounce and exit rates of the site
- Ensure that digital attribution learnings are followed through by the wider team – get to the position where all investment is accountable and being spent efficiently in the right channels. Champion ROAS.
- Develop test, learn and share best practices
- Work with regional and global teams to develop best in class media strategies for new product launches
Digital campaigns and commercial execution
- In partnership with the Head of eCommerce create an annual plan that gives Dyson.com the opportunity to contend for every sale
- Collaborate with the eCommerce team (local and global) and local brand teams to ensure that we are leveraging every opportunity to showcase Dyson’s USP and educate shoppers on why they should buy direct from Dyson
Coach and develop a high performing team
- Inspire, lead and motivate team through regular feedback, 1:1’s PDP’s and objectives
- Develop and up skill the team for their own continuous improvement and readiness for promotion opportunities
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviors
- Over 12 years of demonstrated experience in marketing – specifically digital marketing and media planning in Korea.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing diverse teams.
- Fluent in both English and Korean, both spoken and written.
- Experience in managing or working in media agencies both online and offline.
- Proven ability to project manage and drive projects from conception through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Solid knowledge of all digital marketing channels, tactics and their roles.
- Experience using Web analytics tools and content Management Systems beneficial.
- Experience in using first party and third party data to improve relevancy of comms.
- Strong presentation / influencing skills – create propositions / visions that instantly resonate with people.
- Passionate about digital, always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in web marketing and in eCommerce.
- Well organized with proficient time management skills and ability to prioritize and multitask with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive approach and attention to detail is a must.
- Energetic and self-starter, able to work as part of a team, but also work alone.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with internal and external business partners.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.