- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
The Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and road maps, through Centres of Excellence focused on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focused on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of IT Service Integration, PMO and Portfolio Management, you will be responsible for leading the service integration, management and governance of IT Service Delivery across Dyson IT.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing, and motivating the Service Integration team, working closely with the delivery teams to maintain an overall view of service delivery across Global IT.
- Product ownership of Dyson’s ITSM tool (ServiceNow) – working closely with the ServiceNow Architect to define and agree the road map, strategy and development backlog.
- Ownership and governance of incident (including major incident management), problem, request fulfillment, knowledge and change management processes and polices globally and across all pillars operating within Global IT. Continually reviewing these processes and policies to ensure they stay fit for purpose.
- Reviewing and validating service operations data including SLA performance from IT Service Providers/Suppliers.
- Leading and owning monthly IT service management review meetings
- Supporting Supplier and business service reviews.
- Producing service reports to drive best practice ITIL governance and to identify CSI opportunities.
- Working with the PMO team to incorporate programme status reporting into Service Management reporting presentations.
- Development and creation of professional executive and senior stakeholders service management presentations including input into board reports.
- Supporting the validation of ServiceNow changes through UAT for Service Catalogue changes and enhancements.
- Providing service reports to evidence compliance to Service Management standards and processes.
- Taking actions with IT support teams for non ITSM process and policy compliance.
- Identifying opportunities for ITSM continual service improvement initiatives and reports on progress.
- Implementing metrics and reporting.
- Leading problem and incident management review meetings and evidencing progress to closing problem tickets and reducing repeat incident occurrences.
- Manage a global team of Service Managers covering all aspects of service management and integration.
- Manage and own all Service Management risks and issues.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key IT stakeholders up to IT Director level.
- You will also possess the capability to manage third parties and internal teams to deliver in line with Dyson’s service operations target operating model.
- Previous experience as a Service Manager and/or Service Delivery Management role in a similar sized global organisation (5 years).
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of IT service tools (ideally ServiceNow) and best practices.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including third parties, IT and business personnel.
- ITIL trained with previous experience of creating and implementing ITIL aligned policies and processes globally across the IT organisation (internal and external).
- A natural problem solver.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete tasks.
- Ability to set and effectively communicate operational strategies, policies and processes.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Decision making/problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the effectiveness of IT Service Management.
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to share your skills with others.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.