- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Global IT - Manufacturing & Supply Chain Systems Function – has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global planning, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain and aftersales business processes.
The Manufacturing & Supply Chain Solution Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports activities that guide the design and development of the Supply Chain & Manufacturing technology portfolio. Solutions include key applications such as SAP S/4 HANA, MES, Kinaxis RapidResponse, Ariba, SAP WMS, Distributed Order Management System, Delivery Management Platform.
The Supply Chain & Manufacturing Solution Architect provides a unique combination of functional and technical product expertise and delivery implementation experience in Manufacturing & Supply Chain systems, to support the design and delivery of software solutions to meet the needs of Dyson. The Manufacturing & Supply Chain Solution Architect will work closely with members of Dyson’s Global Manufacturing & Supply Chain Business teams and across a variety of technology functions to understand business and system requirements and provide a critical link between the functional and technical delivery team to ensure a complete and cohesive solution.
He or she has a deep understanding of Dyson Manufacturing & Supply Chain business goals, objectives, business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes. The Manufacturing & Supply Chain Solution Architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards. He or she creates deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "as-is" and "to-be" solutions — including systems (applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to enable and drive targeted business outcomes.
- Working with fellow portfolio technology leaders, Head of Solution Architecture and Solution Leads and assisting with defining and leading the architecture vision across global IT for Manufacturing & Supply Chain Domain
- Help to shape and maintain the reference and target architectures and a knowledge base for the Manufacturing & Supply Chain Domain
- Provide technical insight for Manufacturing & Supply Chain portfolio shaping and feature development and reduction of technical debt
- Work with project teams, product management teams, integration engineers and analysts to review and drive technical compliance
- Serve as technical liaison between project / product teams and the incumbent architect community and design authorities
- Assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions
- Maintain alignment with Dyson enterprise principles, architectural standards and best practice
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Experience and a proven track record of designing and implementing Supply Chain & Manufacturing technology solutions
- More than 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain & Manufacturing implementations and solving business problems with software and technology at a global scale
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge in Supply Chain & Manufacturing systems such as SAP WMS, TMS, SAP S/4 HANA, Multicarrier Parcel Management Systems, Predominantly SAP S/4, Supply Chain Planning Apps such as Kinaxis RapidResponse, working knowledge of SAP Ariba, MES (such as SAP ME/MII), IoT, 3PL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Industry standard qualification such as BCS, TOGAF
- Familiar with integration architecture principles and topics
- Experience in Solution Architecture within a cloud environments (SAP, AWS)
- Must be confident working with all levels of management, and understand the demands and responsibilities of those roles
- Adaptable with natural ability to thrive in complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships (globally) and with a natural collaborative nature
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to stay abreast of changes and innovations in the market of Supply Chain & Manufacturing technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.