- Strategy and Transformation
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different. Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
The APAC Transformation and Development Team is responsible for delivering cross-functional business planning and lead/support strategic transformation projects across the region. Its objective is to enable the business to achieve its commercial objectives in the current year and lay the foundations for the years to come. Dyson is a rapidly growing matrix led business - it is the role of the Transformation Team to clarify scope and align to commercial objectives, bring teams together, call out dependencies and requirements and push forward future operating models. The scope of work covers all commercial teams and central operational teams including, but not limit to, eCommerce, Retail, Customer Services, Supply Chain and IT.
About the Role
Reporting to APAC Director of Transformation & Development, this role plays an important role in delivering strategic planning and initiatives (both global and local) across APAC. You will require robust commercial awareness, strategic planning and change management capabilities. You are capable of leading and taking the organization on the journey of change, with strategic thinking, project management expertise, first class communication and people skills.
You are commercially and emotionally astute and used to working collaboratively across multiple business functions and countries. You can take complex issues and manage them simply, with the ability to articulate these back to senior level stakeholders clearly.
- Build strategic plans – responsible to build cohesive business plans that encompassing product, channel, GTM, operation and organisation.
- Put together a portfolio of transformation projects by engaging with global functions and local markets.
- Understand and assess the importance and impact of changes. Manage and communicate them effectively across the organisation.
- Support and drive some key strategic/transformation projects.
- Identify and track key actions. Ensure actions are delivered timely and of good quality. Keep senior management and other key stakeholders updated.
Experiences and Competencies:
- 8-10 years of experience in strategy development within a multi-national corporation or consulting firm
- Strategic and savvy business problem solver
- Systematic planner and ability to prioritize business critical tasks
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Experience in lead and drive transformation in global organization
- Willing to “get hands dirty” and involve deeply to bring meaningful changes
- Knowledge of Dysons business models and products is a plus
Metrics and KPIs:
- Trading Profit
- Business Growth
- Project Delivery
- Remaining metrics to be determined based on in year priorities and focus of the role with APAC Transformation and Development Director
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.