- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Delivery Operations Lead role sits within the wider Delivery Operations team, reporting into the Head of Delivery Operations. The team are responsible for Initiating and Delivering projects that improve the efficiency, effectiveness and risk profile within Commercial Delivery, and Governing that our operating models are adhered to by both Dyson and our suppliers. The Delivery Operations team are responsible for adding tangible value to our operations.
About the role
The Senior Delivery Operations Manager will work closely with Subject Matter Experts within project teams and specifically with external suppliers, procurement, legal and those who engage with our suppliers for their day-to-day work.
Key deliverables of the role (not limited to)
- Forming project teams: Identify resources required to support project kick off and delivery. Identify whether we have the required skillsets in house, and if not, identify the best solutions to bring resource in to support project development. Onboard and influence project teams through standardised set of project working groups.
- Consultancy sourcing and management: Identify the required skill sets and expertise to support project delivery. Work with supplier to define key deliverables and success factors. Negotiate fees in line with budget.
- Defining as-is landscapes: Either via internal resources or the appointment of external auditors review and define the existing landscape to identify problem areas.
- Defining level of transformation: Define a TOM based on the problem areas identified through review of the as-is landscape. Define opportunities to improve. Identify the scale of business transformation and change to be delivered.
- Defining success factors and mechanisms to measure: Designing the appropriate governance framework to ensure that we have the appropriate MI data to understand performance of the TOM and appropriate actions required to realise this.
- Contract formation: Working with Procurement and Legal to define the correct MSA template. Drafting of all Commercial and Operational schedules with support from Procurement and Legal.
- Operationally support the initiate deliverables: Setting up project teams, operational go-to for consultancies. Stakeholder management across the full initiation project team.
- Analysis of data: Understanding the appropriate data needs, sourcing data from internal or external stakeholders and pulling it together into a presentable format for use within the next stage of the process/project.
- Change management: Management of the deployment of change once a TOM has been agreed. Rolling it out across relevant stakeholders. For example; including management of working groups, comms, training, transition management.
- Technical implementation: Manage the delivery of system implementation. Working closely with supplier delivery teams, IT, solution/business architecture and PMO.
- Supplier transition management: Project managing the suppliers project in line with internal change management.
- Supplier transition (warranty period): Managing the onboarding of a supplier to becoming a BAU delivery process underpinning.
- Contract management: Updating contract based on latest ways of working and checking we're delivering against our success factors.
- Scope management: Management of the current contract and reviewing opportunities based on current ways of working.
- SPM - Weekly/Monthly: Dyson representative for supplier performance management at a weekly and monthly frequency. Driving actions on both sides.
- SRM - Quarterly/Annually: Dyson representative for formal supplier reviews and the development of action plans to deliver operating model changes.
- Comms and change on existing models: Tactical operating model improvements based on SRM governance processes.
- Team management: Regular communication with team to ensure projects are processing according to plan and to identify any issues. Identifying requirements for new projects as needed.
- Team leadership: Overseeing internal and contract resource to ensure workload is spread to ensure projects can be delivered. Finding solutions to bring in specialist resource as and when required.
- Job administration: Day-to-day administration to support project delivery, task delivery and ad-hoc asks.
Stakeholders to manage and work in collaboration with (not limited to):
- Project sponsors
- Project steering group
- End users
- Delivery team
- External specialist consultancies
About youWithin this role, the Senior Delivery Operations Manager will be responsible for embedding new operating models as well as providing the oversight of the governance of suppliers that underpin our Delivery Operations – across both creative production and market research. The Delivery Operations Lead will have experience writing detailed specifications and SLA’s for complex global contracts, they will be comfortable supporting the procurement team in negotiating commercial and contractual terms and have a track record of implementing global governance structures across existing supply bases.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.