- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson V12 Detect Slim vacuum. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care. Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans, and the Brand Team plays a critical role in bringing continual success to the business.
Dyson Marketing Team; Japan
Dyson’s in-house marketing team includes brand and product marketing, in-store and digital marketing, insights as well as our own in-house media and creative functions. The 50-strong team oversees the unique positioning of Dyson’s technology campaigns in Japan, using attuned local insights, bespoke creative and planning execution from media, to events, in-store and online; in close collaboration with our Head Office.
About the role
The Senior Marketing Executive, Events & Experiences will be responsible for planning and executing brand activation, combining both on-line and off-line, which builds brand and business through Dyson Brand experience.
Develop and Execute Marketing activities which will drive Brand awareness, consideration and build Brand association which matters for Dyson Brand. Support Marketing manager for Hair Care / Light category marketing activities. Fulfill other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions.
Candidates will demonstrate:
- Work with Marketing manager, Experience and Event, and the other Marketing team, category, media, trade, creative and insight, as well as functions outside marketing, i.e. PR and sales to define the right Event & Experience strategy for Dyson Brand from planning, alignment, implementation and reporting.
- Contribute to strategy building and execution of Hair Care / Light category marketing plans by channel for building brand equity and drive consumer purchase
- Research on competitor and/or market analysis of the latest trend and innovation in Experience and Event activation, including both on/off line, ie. livestreaming, to develop advanced strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop and execute Experience & Event activation to fully integrated in the other part of Brand activation, i.e. media, PR, Social and promotion
- Assist development of effective brand comms. plan for Hair Care business, including full funnel media planning.
- Effectively manage key external stakeholders – Agencies, Salon/Stylists, Influencers, etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment and consistency across markets wherever possible and sensible. Influence global team with solid understanding of both Japan and differences from other markets.
About You (Skills & Competencies)
- 3 years marketing experience in Japan required as a true multi-functional project leader, from either client side or agency side. Beauty category experience preferred.
- Experience in multimedia strategy, plan, and executions, especially good knowledge in Online/Offline event is preferred.
- Experience of managing and maximizing effectiveness with retail (trade) partners preferable. Customer engagement, in-store display, driving effective conversion in-store.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required
- Passionate about consumers, customers, technologies
- Enjoy fast pace and dynamic environment
- Self-starter, taking initiatives, managing complex projects, finding our scopes by self
- Strong passion in Creative, Innovative solutions, taking manageable risk to try a new own way
- Business level English is mandatory and fluent English skill which enable negotiation, push & pull, agree & disagree in high level English communication is preferred.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.