Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty-five years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 9,000 people and a presence in over 80 countries. From GB to Singapore and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 100 million machines.
Our Environmental Care category is now over ten years old; inaugurated by the world’s first bladeless fan and now focused on market-leading air treatment and connected lighting technology. As a category, our vision is to improve the well-being of millions of Dyson owners each year through better technology and to become a trusted voice in air quality.
The EC Category Team is responsible for bringing our engineering stories and product technologies to life through local GTM strategies. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Category Manager to lead on key initiatives designed to drive brand awareness, increase consideration and deliver against our business goals - including the launch of ground-breaking new technology.
About the role
The role will involve a breadth of commercial experience, from shaping the range and product propositions for the GB market, to bringing them to life across paid, owned and earned touch-points, creating unique experiences and always keeping our owners front of mind. You’ll collaborate with and draw on the expertise of colleagues in Insights, Media, Retail Marketing, Digital, PR, Sales, Direct, Creative and Owner Experience teams, as well as work with global to provide local commercial contexts to influence strategies. We work at pace which underpins our culture and ability to continually transform our business and marketing model.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Define and shape the category communications strategy to deliver growth for the category to include NPD launches and seasonal / promotional campaigns across paid/owned/earned touch-points
* Support the Head of Category on future ranging/distribution proposals and business cases
* Oversee forecasting to align with budgeting and demand planning for the category
* Ensure excellent execution is delivered online and in-store with a focus on NPD launch and peak periods across all channels; partner with distribution channels to shape "Joint Business Plans" plans for each account
* Lead cross-functional teams to deliver best in class campaigns with constant optimisations
* Be the category advocate, develop the ambition and ideas needed to get the best commercial results
* Engage with Dyson risks and opportunities and operate with the category’s overall commercial agenda at the heart, driving strong narratives and business cases to influence leadership to ensure the right support is provided on the category
* Foster strong collaborative working relationships across all functions (internally & externally) and categories
* Establish an evidence-based approach to creative development focusing on matching creative innovation to the media innovation
* Champion new approach to range navigation and shop-a-bility focusing on both in-store and online retail executions in the first instance but also on differentiating based on visual and claims positioning with a focus on consumer health metrics
* Assess model for owner engagement making recommendations on short, medium and long term strategies to improve retention and how we might better engage with owners
* Broad marketing/commercial background with proven experience on launching new products into market, ideally in a premium brand or technology environment
* Mandatory to have had experience of brand and category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications
* As our Senior Category Manager, you will have a proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
* An effective communicator with strong presentation skills, you have the ability to influence others and will thrive as part of a collaborative, high performing team
* You will have been at the forefront of driving customer engagement and thought leadership within your recent role
* A visible passion for consumer products/technology with knowledge on market trends and industry best practice.
* During peak periods, there may be line management opportunities
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us