- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty-five years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 9,000 people and a presence in over 80 countries. From GB to Singapore and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 100 million machines.
Our Haircare category is now 6 years old; inaugurated by the Supersonic hairdryer and now focused on market-leading styling tools, without extreme heat. As a category, our vision is to cater for every hair type, every style, with less damage.
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager to work on a ground-breaking new product category. This role paves the way for brand new technology being brought to market – different approaches, expanding to different audiences, and fresh challenges. The role will involve a breadth of commercial experience, from business case building, to defining Direct proposition and working with RDD on a unique product. Working closely with our Engineering, Insights, Creative, Direct, and Owner Experience teams - and in collaboration with global markets - the Senior Commercial Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a strategically aligned product proposition for the category.
Key accountabilities are to include:
- Lead, define, brief and own the Go-to-Market strategy for an exciting new product category – a first for Dyson. Includes product proposition, ranging, launch planning, media and target audiences.
- Manage and align with stakeholders across a range of levels.
- Work in partnership with RDD on project delivery, translating product specification into compelling owner communications.
- Close working with Claims & Performance and Legal to ensure alignment on market-leading product claims and testing requirements.
- Building of global financial business case, with knowledge of how changes to the product proposition and current pandemic situation can impact this.
- +5 years product marketing experience.
- Line management of a Commercial Executive.
- Ability to translate complex product technology into a commercially viable proposition for global markets; develop commercial strategies that maximise company strengths.
- Be the voice of Commercial in a multitude of forums: RDD milestones, cross-functional channel meetings, stakeholder reviews, market immersions.
- Experience of employing data and insights to support and drive decisions with stakeholders across product and ranging. Ability to persuade and negotiate across a range of seniority levels.
- Organised, engaged, relentless and commercially astute with the potential to generate and stimulate ideas and opportunities.
- Able to make time sensitive decisions under pressure.
- Strong project management and planning skills – ability to work across range of teams including Engineering, Legal, Campaign and Market teams.
- Exceptional team player with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management and cross-functional team confidence quickly, who is flexible and willing to go beyond job description.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deliverables are completed on time and with senior stakeholder agreement.
- Understands how to manage change – both across product and legal landscape.
- Understanding of working across a range of markets and market outlooks.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.