- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the Role:
The Sr. Marketing Manager, Media will be the subject matter expert on traditional and digital media best practices to support the US market. This role will be responsible for the delivery of media strategies that impact our consumers through the purchase journey to increase the quality of traffic to Dyson owned websites and impact business growth across all categories. This includes running a team of four to execute all media across all channels and categories. Additional responsibilities include:
Leadership of media planning, evaluation and auditing:
- Working in partnership with Category heads to deliver best communications, creative and placement in brand, category, industry and needs-based journeys.
- Key manager of the media agency to reach the right audience through a variety of digital and traditional media channels, employ new ways of advertising in the purchase journey.
- Overall control of the media plans ensuring that key dates are met, supporting Category managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value of our media investment.
- Management of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis and improve the value of our advertising through relentless testing, targeting and refining plans.
- Review of media agency performance and setting KPIs to ensure we continually achieve and exceed targets while maintaining a positive return on our investment.
- Brief owner to the media agency who will manage and execute the creation of highly impactful marketing assets and innovative campaigns to drive growth in each category, while managing cross-functional relationships internally and externally.
- Build relationship with Global team to collaborate on reporting and new initiatives and assist in the implementation of those programs to apply learnings that will influence decisions and assist overall marketing goals.
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization and lead media planning and performance presentations.
Media campaign management:
- Act as a consultative resource and subject matter expert to the Category teams for all content creation that supports marketing activities. Provide direction, conceptual and creative input into the media strategy, working closely with creative teams.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure alignment on media plans, and with the Category, ecommerce, Retail, PR, Customer Service and Owner Engagement teams to drive integrated marketing strategies to ensure all new product launches are represented correctly.
- Work with the Category Heads to fully understand category objectives and design advertising campaigns and ad copy to deliver performance accordingly to maximize our sales potential.
- Identify opportunities and develop and drive initiatives and campaigns that will increase sales.
- Manage the media budgets, purchase orders and media pricing in comparison to the market, and negotiation of media services, where applicable.
Build, develop and promote an effective team:
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Inspire, lead and motivate direct reports through regular feedback, 1:1’s PDPs and objectives.
- Develop and upskill the team for their own continuous improvement and readiness for promotion opportunities.
- Inspire a passion for our product within the media team and the wider marketing team.
- Support media team members to ensure that they can communicate effectively throughout the organization both locally and at a Global level.
- Work closely with marketing team to influence decisions to assist US digital marketing goals.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience which includes digital experience with a major brand media experience or digital agency and directly managing a team in a Senior level position.
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- Must have experience working with a transactional website, marketing products and services online for a consumer brand.
- Proven expertise in paid media, including design, implementation and optimization of campaigns
- Strong understanding of how creative assets influence the purchase journey
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization, tools and trends.
- Experience working with major retailers in an e-commerce environment preferred.
- Previous experience working with media agency.
- This position requires strong consumer media experience, leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordination both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Project brief writing skills.
- An innovative thinker with media expertise and a proven track record.
- Self-starter, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in digital marketing.
- Vigilant editing skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy in reporting.
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.