- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Marketing Team is responsible for bringing our engineering, technology and products to life through our communication strategy; increasing brand awareness, brand advocacy and driving conversion. Like everything at Dyson, our experience & customer journey is designed with our consumers at the center. We work at pace which underpins our culture and ability to continually transform our business and marketing model.
Our aim is to create inspired and highly differentiated consumer experiences that amplify the pioneering technology we make. This role is responsible for delivering the category P&L, driving category awareness and leveraging our engineering expertise to build Dyson credentials as a Beauty player. You’ll collaborate with and pull on the expertise of colleagues in Media, PR, Direct, Indirect, Creative, Owner Experience etc and work with global teams to provide local commercial contexts in order to influence strategies.
Support the Head of Health & Beauty in setting and delivering the Haircare Category strategy and budget.
- Support and shape annual strategic planning process through insight, new ideas and make recommendations about how to improve business performance.
- Support the budgeting process through accurately forecasting marketing investment requirements to turn strategy into tangible action
- Be the category advocate, collaborate and engage with commercial teams and Sales leads to deliver best in class activation across all strategic initiatives
- Setup and define the Professional business to unlock advocacy, create the strategy and get support in the business at annual budget planning to deliver plans in the future.
- Accountable for translating strategy into actionable plans. Deliver comprehensive communications plans to deliver category growth and P&L
- Ensure business functions understand and believe in the Category strategy. Ensuring implementation of Local Market range principles, delivery of strategy and achieve category KPIs to affirm presence in the beauty sphere.
- Define the Category target audience from Global segmentation work, media learnings and owner data to trial and optimise approaches; utilise for audience targeting and distribution opportunities.
- Oversee forecasting to align with budgeting and demand planning for the category.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement product updates, including tactical SKUs, range transitions for end of line product to ensure approach is delivered on brief.
- Launch new products and campaigns into the market. Gather and lead insight delivery on relevant customer segments to influence and inform the formulation of channel strategy and creation of compelling campaign materials. Measure ROI across all marketing activities to drive confidence in decision making.
- Use market insight to influence GTM plans with a data first mind-set; leverage internal audience data, media learnings and retail activation results. Shape and oversee premium omnichannel experiences to put the shopper first and unlock credibility in the category; and where possible personalise the experience.
- Strategically support Direct and Indirect teams to deliver compelling and exciting Marketing initiatives for campaigns and NPD launches. Accountable for ensuring the local market has a consistent experience and voice at every touchpoint
- Attend monthly Finance reviews with Global to update on in month performance as well as Risks and Opportunities to the P&L.
- Responsible for having key insight on market data and KPI’s to provide insights to Global for product and creative requirements.
- Assess model for owner engagement making recommendations on strategies to encourage cross-sell, reduce CPAs and ideas on how we might better engage with owners.
- Demonstrate strong leadership with the ability to manage and influence senior leadership.
- Drive strong narratives and business cases to influence leadership to ensure the right support is being given to the category.
- Foster strong collaborative working relationships across all functions (internally & externally).
- People management experience preferable
- Create stimulating and engaging working environment that inspires creative and innovative marketing ideas
Wider role responsibilities:
- Building and coaching high performance amongst the broader GB marketing community
- Support the Head of Health & Beauty and Marketing Director and deputise for the Head of Health & Beauty as and when required.
- Responsible for and monitoring the budget for the category with other senior stakeholders.
- Establish an evidence-based approach for business pitching, focusing on measurable KPIs.
- Strong marketing background with proven experience on launching new products into market, ideally in a premium brand or technology environment
- Mandatory to have had experience of brand and category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications
- As our Senior Marketing Manager, you will have a proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- Ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders across the business
- Can work effectively as part of or leading a high performing team
- Ability to influence
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- A visible passion for product
- Effective communicator
- Able to manage complex projects
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon and Bath
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.