- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Our supply chain is getting more complex and to remain competitive it must gain in agility and resilience. The pandemic situation across our manufacturing sites and markets, the global electronics component shortage, container shortages are few of many other challenges currently impacting our supply chain. To respond and thrive in this challenging environment Dyson is gaining an increased control over its extended supply chain from planning to execution. As such a new position opened within the global planning team to oversee the operations of an outsourced South East Asia component replenishment Hub.
About the role:
As a seasoned material management manager, you will oversee the material availability process to ensure continuous component supply to our manufacturing lines.
You will take a co-ordinating lead, working closely with internal and external parties to ensure supply of materials is in place to satisfy production requirements. You will balance the required and available material to optimize service, working capital and material costs given network lead times and order quantities among others. You are a hands-on manager who will drive the short term, medium and long-term material requirements and inventory schedule that needs to be aligned with master production planning and capacity planning.
The person in this role is an analytical thinker and a strong communicator with an eye for detail able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements.
You need to be proactive, innovative and professional and will be based in Singapore. You will liaise with Malaysia / Philippines / UK and overseas offices. You might need to travel to overseas offices when required.
· Contribute to the creation and implementation of a long term Hub strategy, policies, processes and procedures to effectively support our expending manufacturing sites.
· Ensure that material scheduling strategy and processes are in place and work effectively in order to ensure material supply meets production requirements with minimum stock levels, whilst optimising costs
· Work closely with capacity planning and Master Production Schedulers to ensure proper coverage and accurate schedules.
· Monitor supply plans to identify changes and to determine their effect on material requirements schedules.
· Adjust the schedule to accommodate near-term orders that differ from the agreed sales and operations (S&OP) plan.
· Identify possible future capacity constraints and bottlenecks in the supply base. Align with critical suppliers on availability and key risks and constraints on short and midterm. Trigger Capacity increase discussion with suppliers and procurement team whenever necessary
· Identify and resolve component shortfalls thru exception management
· Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place
· Take overall responsibility for obsolete parts process and ensure business is left with minimum liability and minimal waste
· Work with procurement and suppliers on service-level agreements to align lead times and minimum order quantities.
· Leverage new product introduction plans from research and development and/or new product innovation teams into material requirement schedules.
· Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
· Monitor and ensure that staff under supervision maintain accurate material schedules to get the right materials on site at the right time
· Implement continuous improvement activities through regular audits of the hub operations, identify improvement opportunities, drive system upgrades or process changes.
· Analyze supplier performance, inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste or optimize customer service.
· Measure monthly performance of the replenishment Hub: Stock outs, supplier delivery performance, on time delivery, inventory availability, Clear To Build, Excess inventory, Write off costs.
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any corrective action
· Ensure that any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system in place is effective and that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
· Ensure the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and inventory accuracy at all times and manage and control inventory levels and movements
· Generate component forecasts using Rapid Response (planning Kinaxis solution).
· Interact with the Hub replenishment system to manage material planning parameters and processes.
· Investigate and implement further system integrations between our planning system and Hub management systems
· Degree in supply chain, logistics, Computer Science
· A certification in supply chain from APICS, certified in production and inventory management (CPIM) or lean
· Membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous
· Hands-on experience handling multiple partners to resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives.
· Significant experience of working in a materials planning role and managing the smooth supply of materials in line with production requirements and budget, ideally within a consumers goods environment.
· Good working knowledge and experience of using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems or similar
· Proven people management skill set
· Expert knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and components and of supply chain management
· Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including Power BI, Tableau
· Experience of delivering results through cross-functional working
· Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
Underlying characteristic/behavior required
Different and Better
· Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
· Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
· Out of the Box thinking
· Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
· Flexible and works well under pressure
Analytical thinking and problem solving
· Data gathering, Quantitative and qualitative analysis
· Develop creative solutions to complex problems.
Written and oral communication
· Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
· Capable of communicating to different levels in the organization.
· Working with teams of people with disparate opinions and agendas.
· Focusing team on results while balancing trade-offs of different stakeholders.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.