- Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleSupporting new product development by identifying and resolving issues and opportunities relating to materials.
- Identification and exploration of material selection opportunities which benefit performance, cost, aesthetics etc.
- Use of key materials knowledge, literature research and experiments to validate results and substantiate materials choices
- Delivery of internal Materials training and mentoring within Dyson design teams
- Collaboration with colleagues in our Far East, Technology Research, Procurement and Creative functions for all materials-related issues
- Pro-actively supporting critical reliability, manufacturing and product safety issues
- Degree in Materials Science or a related subject
- Experience with polymeric materials or in a design-support role is desirable but not essential for the right candidate
- Sound knowledge of materials properties, failure mechanisms and processing methods for common engineering materials
- An understanding of basic mechanical principles such as fatigue, thermal expansion and tribology.
- Ability to communicate results to designers, senior management and engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia
- Creative and methodical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise key activities according to project timescales.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.