- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
The SEA Materials team within the Technology Development department are responsible for ensuring that all Part Requirements and Colour Material Finish (CMF) specifications are achieved, in compliance to all relevant Product Safety and Materials regulations, standards and legislations. We provide material selection guidance (identification, sourcing, material specification verification and manufacturing support) to RDD design engineers based on their Part Requirement Sheet (PRS) to ensure that all Dyson parts across all Dyson products meet their engineering specifications and are safe to use in line with the relevant safety requirements and authority in every country we market our products.
We work relentlessly with other teams, such RDD, product safety engineers and other functional teams such as, Tooling, SQE, Operation and Procurement to ensure the resin readiness deliverables are meeting all projects’ timelines.
About the role
- Have solid understanding and high level of knowledge in Plastics Part Development and plastics performance requirements/verification for Dyson products.
- Work with cross-functional team of new product development cross-projects (mainly consisting of RDD/Tooling/Test) to provide material selection solutions to Project teams in accordance to the PRS requirements and resin readiness deliverables within the agreed timeframe.
- Understand Plastics injection moulding process requirements and their associated quality risks with their plastics materials formulations, provide material related technical advice to Part owner DE PIC, Contract Manufacturer (CM) moulders to produce parts meeting cosmetic appearance requirements, technical requirements such as part strength and dimension.
- Coordinate with CMF team/resin OEMs, to support colour plaques review and sign-off activities.
- Have good ability of interpreting Material TDS & technical data related to Plastics materials properties and its associated processing conditions and requirements, in order to facilitate resin mould trial to produce resin part production trial and colour-off procedure.
- Contribute to evaluation and assessment of the CM moulders capability to follow the Plastic material TDS and all injection moulding/QC requirements.
- Have developed solid understanding of Plastics material overall performance and their international properties testing method and standards, primarily the UL 94 standards.
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree/Master in Chemistry or Polymer technology, Chemical engineering or Material Science.
- More than 3 year(s) of working experience with Plastics Material handling and processing background and experience in Plastics compounding/injection molding industries is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Plastics material Chemistry and other materials compliance legislations such as RoHS and REACH with knowledge in Plastics chemical/material laboratory testing.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and with good communication skills.
- Excellent ability to understand and formally discuss contents on chemical/material regulatory matters.
- Highly motivated, internally driven individual with good problem solving & analytical skills, good planning and organizing capabilities and able to work within a team.
- Self-driven with strong attention to details and must possess character of high integrity.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English and computer literate with good understanding in Microsoft Office.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.