- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Senior Mechanical Analysis Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for Mechanical Engineer to work within a small team of like-minded engineering problem solvers within our Research, Design and Development department. The successful candidate will be responsible for highlighting and solving the structural and mechanical issues on our products using a combination of hand calculations, materials testing, measurement and validation, in addition to FEA tools. The problems you will be solving often have no precedent, so curiosity to learn new areas of physics, is encouraged.
- Supporting new product development by identifying and resolving structural and mechanical issues
- Use of FEA software (such as ANSYS and Moldflow) to explore and implement design improvements
- Use of hand calculations and experiments to validate results and substantiate engineering decisions
- Pro-actively resolving critical reliability, manufacturing and product safety issues
- Investigating new analysis and experimentation techniques, improving model validation and accuracy
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
- A degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Competence in the use and application of CAE tools to assist design development (e.g. ANSYS, Moldflow, NX, ANSA, META etc)
- Experience in a range of specialist analysis techniques, such as static, vibration, explicit dynamic, thermal and injection moulding simulation
- Sound knowledge of mechanical properties, failure mechanisms and processing of common engineering materials
- Ability to communicate analytical results to designers, senior management and engineering teams across our locations
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.