- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead, we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. However, most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
About the role
This role houses the responsibility for the cell stack assembly and constituent parts. Being the junction point for the cell technology and the physical requirements, this ownership means delivering a solution to meet aspirations of both.
A successful candidate will have the communication skills to translate technical feedback whilst working in a culturally diverse team to translate chemistry requirements into design prototypes and production object. Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the role will encompass Design and Mechanical responsibilities, Object creation and Technical communications.
- Responsibility of the electrode & separator virtual object assembly, and the associated novel manufacturing equipment required to deliver the process specification.
- Devise and convert design requirements to a 3D object & 2D drawings which challenges the status-quo of existing cell geometries & technologies; ensuring requirements of safety, performance & processability are met.
- Close collaboration with Process Development, Application and Manufacturing Engineering teams to deliver an equipment solution, hand in hand with state-of-the-art equipment suppliers.
- Responsibility of Virtual cell components ensuring the design, tolerance system and assembly sequence delivers high yield, low cost solutions.
- Work in tandem with the Build teams to realise engineering samples and customer deliveries.
- Understand and design for all cell level approvals in conjunction with the Verification & Validation team and Compliance engineering.
- Generate Design information for Energy Storage, including any significant recommendations or incidents, and advise the team on risk and mitigations.
- Provide clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate information for other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously enhance efficiency.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to cross languages and cultures within the team.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
Experience / Requirements:
- Educated to Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
- 3+ years’ experience of Mechanical Engineering technical matters.
- Experience working with hardware development and production
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of design process and an awareness of the application of Cells, Modules and Pack systems.
- A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to cell engineering materials (stacking, winding, folding, pressing, forming, welding etc.)
- Experience of working within a Battery powered programme a strong advantage.
- Delivery team experience.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.