- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson V12 Detect Slim vacuum. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care. Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans, and the Media Team plays a critical role in bringing continual success to the business.
Dyson Marketing / Media Team; Japan
Dyson’s in-house marketing team includes brand and product marketing, in-store and digital marketing, insights as well as our own in-house media and creative functions. The 50-strong team oversees the unique positioning of Dyson’s technology campaigns in Japan, using attuned local insights, bespoke creative and planning execution from media, to events, in-store and online; in close collaboration with our Head Office.
The Media team sits within the Marketing team but will work closely with Brand and Direct E-commerce teams along with other key local and international stakeholders. Our team mission is to contribute to category and direct commercial targets by maximizing and relentlessly optimizing media holistically. Making sure the Dyson story and technology reaches our potential customers and owners by planning and executing media campaigns throughout the consumer journey, whether it is offline/online or paid/owned/earned.
About the role
The Senior Media Executive will work with the manager and multiple internal/external partners to plan and execute holistic media plans to ultimately contribute to the business growth of the category in charge.
This person would have to be comfortable working in a fast-paced team, but also act as a strong project manager that can manage multiple work streams and adapt to business change.
- Supporting the manager for holistic agency briefing and full funnel media planning (across TV, search, social, partner, display and other offline and digital channels) in collaboration with Brand and Direct E-commerce teams
- Working collaboratively with external agency partners to come up with the optimal media plans and making sure they get executed to plan.
- Project management and quality control of running media campaigns (new product launches, marketing promotions, brand campaigns)
- Media asset management from briefing into the creative team, to processing them to be run on media as planned
- Continuous analysis of performance vs. plan, whilst driving relentless data driven optimization across channel, audience, creative and conversion.
- Manage day to day category budgets across media activities
- Other associated duties as required.
- 3+ years holistic media / digital marketing experience in either agency or client-side within relevant industry.
- English - business level / Japanese - native level
- Solid understanding of multiple media platforms and channels incl. Google Marketing Platform, Facebook Business Manager etc.
- Good analytical and interpretation skills to drive action from insight and tell simple stories using the numbers and analysis.
- Demonstrable project management and collaboration skills to obtain the best results and / or problem solve
- Objective driven; understanding the objective of the project/task and focusing to take actions that would help reach that objective.
- Problem solving; be able to critically and actively analyze situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions.
- Self-starter; taking initiatives, managing complex projects, finding scopes by self, picking up the ball attitude under ambiguity.
- Team worker; should be able to build strong and cooperative relationships, work cross-functionally with a wide range of people, and managing all stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial; be unafraid to try new things, able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to take risks.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.