- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The engineer will work within the Motors & Power Systems team to apply their skills and experience in acoustics and vibration to invent the next generation of Dyson Motor technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out CFD/FEA predictive acoustic simulations and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. This will provide insight into noise generation and transmission to help drive motor projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into production. In addition the candidate will be responsible for the application of technical solutions to control noise generated by aerodynamic and vibration sources in Dyson motors.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
This is what we need you to do:
Provide, co-ordinate and support Noise and Vibration within the Motors group and across RDD:
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration.
- Mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our range of motors.
- Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Experience in driving new concepts from design to analysis to validation via prototype testing.
- Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the initial concept to production.
- Analyze results, summarize findings and communicate these noise and vibration solutions to project teams, including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
This is what we need you to have:
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration/Aerodynamic or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage).
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena relating to noise, vibration, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics.
- Industrial background in performing high fidelity aero-acoustic analyses and simulations.
- Good understanding of turbomachinery aerodynamic noise sources (blade self-noise, ingested upstream turbulence…) and aero-acoustic prediction models.
- Fundamental knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Experience in using CFD tools like: ANSYS/Fluent/CFX tools, Concepts NREC, or NUMECA Fine/Turbo/Acoustics could be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of Noise and Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition and signal processing. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and LabVIEW preferred, but not essential.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.