- Canada - Toronto Office
About the Role:
The Senior National Account Manager – Direct, will help to define and plan the go to market strategy for the Direct-to-consumer business, including but not limited to assortment, promotional plans, inventory management and channel strategy. Overseeing a team of 3 direct reports, they will business partner with cross functional channel leads to execute and drive a retail sales plan for Direct channels that will result in delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
Business Planning & Strategy:
- Develop business plans to grow the Dyson Canada direct channels in line with short and long term goals, by delivering a best in class experience that focuses on our technology.
- Collaborate on initiatives to enhance the direct value proposition to give our current and future owners a reason to engage, buy, advocate and come back to Dyson Direct
- Contribute to annual building blocks planning process; evaluating volume growth and promo spend by channel/category to drive Direct and Category objectives.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Direct calendar of activity that fits with the National calendar, ensuring Direct channels remain competitive.
- Work in partnership with the Direct channel owners (Dysoncanada.ca, 3rd party marketplaces, Direct retail, and customer service) to identify and implement opportunities to drive conversion, cross-sell and up-sell.
Direct Account Management:
- Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and develop actions for all direct channels to achieve the agreed plan
- Monitor direct sales and inventories; identify opportunities and assess related risks; gain consensus and approval from internal stakeholders; communicate and implement proposed action plans.
- Oversee forecasting for all Direct channels at the account and product level as required for attaining sales, profit and inventory goals.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers to best maximize the direct business processes and create positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze sales data and implement high quality solutions to drive business across all categories.
Manage retailer relationships and new business development
- Lead the negotiation of new retail business models, including terms negotiations with eCommerce marketplace and retail partners, to extend the experience in Direct to other 3rd party retail properties.
Contribute to the Direct eCommerce and Sales teams.
- Serve as an active member and high performing contributor within the Dyson Direct and Sales account management teams, partnering with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise.
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices.
Lead, motivate and coach a team of 3 direct reports through regular feedback, 1:1s, and development plans.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business objectives.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate solutions.
- Develop talent and succession plans for all team members.
Develop personal business skills, to enable greater levels of contribution to the organization
- Seek out and assess growth opportunities. Strive for personal excellence
- Act with urgency to make the most of opportunities to accomplish business goals
- Develop expertise in all Dyson products
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identify problems, root causes, and determine solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- 7+ years account management experience (eCommerce or Direct to consumer retail experience strongly preferred)
- Proven track record of budget/target delivery.
- P&L proficiency and ability.
- Diverse experience developing direct reports and supporting sales, operations, marketing, category management and financial analysis required.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively business partner with internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for direct-selling channels, pricing and product sales.
- Passionate about eCommerce and the opportunities it brings to drive traffic/sales.
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.