- Project and Programme Management
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role:
This role is responsible for the implementation of Lean manufacturing principles, tools and best practices within Dyson and Suppliers organization that covers external manufacturing partners and new business units. This includes Lean tools training, leading value stream mapping activities, facilitate Kaizen (improvements) event and participate in cross-functional teams to support effective use of man power and materials to achieve lowest overall cost. Responsibilities will also include Lean project management, continuous improvement, monitoring results of productivity initiatives and performing benchmarking activities to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
Involvement in the implementation of a Continuous-Improvement Program.
- Clearly defines program objectives and scope.
- Secures employee commitment for proactive change management.
- Appropriately implements principles of governance. Evaluates and prioritizes potential improvements based on gains and required effort.
- Establishes a clear and well-articulated implementation plan.
- Establishes criteria for the project’s success and prepares a sound statement of constraints.
- Realistically defines specific project charters.
- Resolves technical problems - formulation, equipment, product, interpretation of regulations and resource availability.
- Implements performance indicators and establishes focus groups.
- Appropriately verifies the sustainability of these measures.
Management of Continuous-Improvement Project.
- Conducts a detailed analysis of the current situation and accurately describes the issues.
- Identifies intervention priorities and indicators.
- Specifies deliverables, outcome indicators, and performance-measurement indicators.
- Clearly identifies team members and associates, and clarifies their roles and responsibilities.
- Maps out in detail the desired situation.
- Analyses and identifies gaps.
- Clearly and rigorously defines methodology.
- Accurately analyses options as well as their impact and feasibility.
- Specifies obstacles and ways to overcome them from the perspective of continuous improvement.
- Regularly monitors the implementation of solutions to achieve objectives and expected benefits. Specifies obstacles and ways to overcome them from the perspective of continuous improvement.
Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.Ability to weigh and manage priorities.Analytical and synthesis skills.Flexibility and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.Ability to influence decision-making.Delivers on time.Organizational skills and ability to multitask (work on several projects at once).Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software.
• Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
• 5 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferable
• Holder of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• A formal Project Management qualification is desirable but not essential
• Incumbent to have manufacturing or product experience.
• Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost
• Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations is desirable.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.