- Mexico - Country Remote
Senior Operations Manager - Guadalajara, Jalisco
About the role:
Dyson Operations ensure every market has full product availability – requiring meticulous strategic planning. Working with Dyson HQ, global markets, manufacturers, and logistics providers, the team coordinates launch timetables, sales forecasts, and stock flow around the world. Every day brings new challenges. Sudden Markets changes can affect demand. Strikes, delays, legal challenges all have an impact. It makes the team one of the most dynamic in the business. And with more direct sales planned to drive growth, meeting complex customer demands has become another exciting challenge.
- The role is to lead an operations team at Category Level to deliver new projects into production on time on cost and on quality and to ensure that ongoing production demand is met.
- The role will lead a team of experienced operationally focused project managers/leaders who are responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams. These cross-function teams are to deliver, monitor, and implement all actions related to the implementation of a challenging engineering project into mass production.
- Drive adherence to the manufacturing plans for the products that have entered production.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership with a clear hands-on approach in delivering the objectives by using proven project management and influencing skills. They will have the responsibility to overcome all obstacles in ensuring the projects are delivered to time, cost and specification.
- A key attribute is to have a complete understanding of all aspects of transferring a project from the design phase into mass manufacturing and the obstacles that are encountered.
- Competent risk and issue management including effective escalation, executive summary, and clear data-based recommendations for decisions making and expenditure.
- Challenge all teams in driving improved performance in all aspects of operations management and notably the results in achieving consistent manufacturing quality and output post SOP.
- Ensure that best practice manufacturing systems are being used, and continue to challenge how we operate within the factories.
- Ensure investments and capital spending are effectively planned and managed to achieve company strategy and objectives.
- Share a trusting relationship with the team, and create a well-disciplined and result-orientated team.
- Perform any other ad hoc duties assigned from time to time by the management.
- Report to the Head of Operations. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of projects are:
- Implementation of new contractor manufacturer/sub-contractor
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR programs.
Efficiency Program related to:
- Waste reduction and Process Improvements Engineering Change Management
- Key component manufacturing
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross-functional teams both internally/externally
- Manufacturing Efficiency
- Implement key efficiency programs that reduce cost, improve yield and quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherence to specifications.
- Cost Management
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost-benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized
- Manufacturing Operations experience in running high volume high mix production, and the deliverance of complex projects into production.
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Know-how of production planning and its constraints/opportunities.
- Project/Program Management experience – Knowledge of new product realization, including all DFX disciplines, risk assessment, risk mitigation planning, issue resolution, and commonly accepted best practices.
- Industrial engineering skills preferable (minimize cycle time, line balance, labor, and machine effectiveness).
- Supplier Management skills (ensure adequate supplier base to give flexibility, capacity, and competitive supplies).
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement to the working practices and processes.
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business, work in a fast-paced environment, deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Able to multi-task, adequate knowledge, and experience of business and management principles (procurement and commercial processes, budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, and people)
- Strong skills and experience partnering with leaders in the business – identifying needs and finding solutions that multiple leaders can agree on.
- Ability to bring to the attention of management any issues that will affect the overall operational efficiency and to seek timely approvals from management to implement measures to avoid any disruption or interruptions to the operations.
- Ability to lead and motivate others, not in direct line of responsibility; this role is to influence change.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate team activity in a multi-functional environment as well as successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
- Ability to recruit, develops, and motivates personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Able to guide and mentor a team of Operations management staff plus strong leadership qualities with a high level of integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills totally committed to high team achievement.
- Good decision-making abilities, ability to create accountability, and lead by example.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate professionally and effectively with varying levels of internal and external contacts.
- Dynamic, committed, resourceful, energetic, decisive, and persistent individual.
- Ability to travel for short periods locally and abroad.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with computer literacy.
- At least 15 to 20 years of working experience in relevant industry (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment, and handling project/program management), and to have held at least one senior position for the last 10 years.
- Knowledge of plastic injection mold tooling and/or line jigs/fixtures/testing equipment validation & qualification.
- Spray painting knowledge.
- Project Management – Experience/Formal Training or MS project knowledge.
- Six Sigma Training.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles- Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply them to a manufacturing organization.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match and additional discretionary 2% Profit Sharing
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Wellness Program
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.