- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
Dyson’s Senior Operations Manager directs and manages the day-to-day activities of an organisation’s operations. Implements operations procedures and initiatives. Being a Senior Operations Manager, he/she evaluates and enhances current operational systems. Monitors performance against operational goals and develops reporting and auditing processes used to analyse operational effectiveness. Additionally, the Senior Operations Manager coordinates operations with other key functions within the organisation.
Typically reports to the Head of Operations. Provides inputs to strategic decisions that effects the functional area of responsibility. Provides inputs into budget development. Requires 5+ years of managerial experience. Capable of resolving escalated issues and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Oversees the business operations and ensuring all operational procedures adhere to the Dyson policies and standards.
- Support in the development of Operational KPIs and drive the deliverable with each Operations Managers with the team
- Act as the key contact person for Contract Manufactures on Operational deliverables and escalation management.
- TEAM skill evaluation and development.
- Leads by motivating the team and devising strategies to improve the workflow and operational targets within the deadline.
The Senior Operations Manager works in close interaction with team members of Dyson and external manufacturers as it is paramount to the success of the role.
- Support effective implementation of new first tier contract manufacturers and second tier sub-contractor.
- Proactively act and drive to identify and mitigate risk of the implementation of new products and technologies transfer into manufacturing environment.
- Driving CSR program.
- Driving Cost, Quality and Delivery improvement programs.
- Develop process and solutions improving Operational project management efficiencies.
- Coordinate standard operating procedures across Contract manufacturers and product category.
- Waste reduction.
- Engineering Change Management.
- Process improvements.
Key manufacturing components:
- Deep understanding of Operational Project Management at Dyson
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned high complexity projects.
- Stakeholders’ management within his/her project and across the Operations team.
- Coordination of cross-functional teams, internally and externally.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.