- Operational Engineering
- China - Shanghai Office
- Globally lead the team of painting, coating engineers to innovate and deliver sustainable solutions for Dyson projects working closely with RDD/CMF team’s
- Develop new paint solutions/formulas working together with paint supplier and develop the Color to match the Dyson CMF requirements
- To coordinate with all category teams & understand the Painting & coating requirements.
- To provide the best solution to the category teams without compromising quality.
- To coordinate with all contract manufactures for jig & mask & Painting process development.
- To prepare the risk analysis report for new projects & share with CM & RDD team.
- To improve paint system performance, quality, uptime and cost.
- To have capability to set up the Robot & Fix gun program.
- Should have excellent knowledge about Painting jig & mask design & have capability to add more innovative ideas.
- Should have excellent knowledge about painting process trouble shooting & root cause analysis.
- Should be able to work in high pressure situations to manage multiple priorities and expectations
- To develop innovative ideas for cost reduction.
- Should have knowledge about paint development, shade matching & color approval process.
- Communicate & cooperate with Paint Suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance & quality issues.
- Should have knowledge about CSR requirements in Painting process.
- Should have knowledge and deep understanding on laser etching, pad/thumbo printing, PVD, NCVM, Anodising, Coatings etc to develop new technology to support R&D requirements and establish the process development in Contract manufacturers
- Able to do should cost , line design for painting , line set-up and qualification
- Lead sustainability and be a champion to eliminate waste and bring sustainable coating solutions
- Able to accommodate 50% travel maximum to SEA, Americas, China to resolve the issues and help the supply base
- Subject matter expert who can articulate the problems/difficulties and convert them to opportunity
- Drive cost saving/avoidance and drive the continuous improvement for yield, cycle time , efficiency through six-sigma approach
- Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or any Engineering discipline.
- At least 12-18 years of working experience in Plastics Painting Process (Auto Process) together with knowledge in PVD, Pad printing, Lazer etching, Polishing/Buffing, Anodizing, Coatings etc…
- Proven record in managing contract manufacturers for process improvement and cost reductions
- Exposure and Experience working in OEM culture focusing on new developments/technology
- Candidate from Electronics manufacturing services preferred.
- Familiar with Lean, Six Sigma methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
- Flexible for business travels (Less than 40%) and Drive with in the country
- Hands on with painting line expertise to set program and change combinations for both robotics and spindle lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Mandarin is an advantage
- Good interpersonal and project management skills.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Understanding Paint drawings and paint reliability process.
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.