- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the U.S. in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our U.S. headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with additional offices located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the Role:
As a member of the Americas Legal Team, the Paralegal will support fast-paced, mission-focused work related to legal research, compliance, and operational support on a wide range of legal issues. The Paralegal will assist with the drafting and editing of legal agreements and will help triage legal inquiries and contract requests. Reporting directly to the General Counsel-Americas, the Paralegal will also assist in the department’s management and maintenance of legal documents, including preparation of reports and presentations.
- The ability to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with business partners at all levels across the enterprise as well as with colleagues on the Legal team is a must. Ideal candidates for this role will have in-house or law firm experience supporting consumer products and/or retail clients and an entrepreneurial mindset. This position will afford invaluable experience and opportunity for growth within a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Draft and/or edit legal agreements as directed by attorneys as needed;
- Perform legal research as directed by attorneys as needed;
- Monitor legal department database for inquiries, responding or escalating to attorneys as needed;
- Prepare departmental reports and presentations (including PowerPoint, Power BI and Excel);
- Support in managing team meetings and preparing agenda;
- Draft corporate governance documents and resolutions;
- Prepare correspondence, forms, etc., often of a confidential nature and requiring individual judgment, without significant instruction or review;
- Coordinate and monitor litigation claims in consultation with in-house and outside counsel and maintain portfolio;
- Provide support for special projects, trials and other matters; and
- Perform other administrative tasks and duties, including, but not limited to, billing, file maintenance, and obtaining document signatures.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to foresee and react to department needs to help improve its function.
- Schedule flexibility including overtime as necessary.
- Team player – willing to roll up sleeves and drive action to achieve results.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house required; a combination of law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- High degree of organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects when necessary.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to demonstrate sensitivity, tact and professionalism in dealing with internal clients and colleagues and external agencies and counsel.
- Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them, and who demonstrates professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- An ability to work successfully with a minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Highest degree of ethical standards.
- Spanish or French language skills a plus.
- Licensed and active notary public a plus.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.