- Supply Chain and Logistics
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
The Senior Planning Analyst (Spares & Accessories) position is responsible for end-to-end forecasting and replenishment of Dyson US spare parts. This includes leading the monthly forecast submission process, analysis of demand plan, and partnering with supply chain counterparts in Southeast Asia to ensure demand can be supported in a timely manner. Provide thorough analysis of projected stock positions to ensure optimal stock levels are met and are within KPI targets.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Forecast and maintain stock for all spare parts inventory
- Ensure optimal spare parts stock levels are maintained by analyzing statistical forecast and refurbishment demand in Kinaxis.
- Ensure working capital KPI’s are met by meeting targeted inventory levels.
- Monitor and manage new part releases and the part number changes in partnership with the Technical Services team. This includes reviewing Technical Service Bulletins (TSB’s) as they are released and making system updates where required.
- Track parts currently on backorder and identify projected shortages in the future. Once shortages are identified, analyze root cause and determine the quickest, most cost-effective method for resolution. This includes communicating shortages to Sales and Customer Service counterparts to align on recovery timeline and leading the allocation process.
- Partner with the Direct consumer business team to ensure forecast alignment on tools and accessories to support sales and promotional activity.
- Partner with the Dyson Refurb Operations and Sales teams to ensure spare part levels will meet production line needs and the refurb sales forecast, and that this is accurately reflected in forecasts.
- Ensure proper quantities are ordered for items that fall outside of the routine forecast process, such as new SKU launches, parts distribution changes, new Dyson Service Center openings, etc.
Lead the monthly forecast submission process within Kinaxis
- Ensure forecasts are updated within the planning cycle to accurately reflect the latest demand trends. This covers S&A demand across all US warehouses and demand streams (Customer Service, Sales, and Refurb).
- Review and adjust statistical forecasts as needed to align with expectations.
- Partner with Dyson Refurbishment Operations team and 3PL to understand production plan and capacity. Ensure Refurb forecast accurately reflects Production Plan by adjusting various system inputs and incorporating manual additions or uploads.
- Partner with NPI and Demand Planning Team to align on forecast load strategy for new products and promotions.
- Prepare list of planned forecast changes and review with Southeast Asia Supply Chain Team to ensure alignment prior to forecast submission.
Analyze and maintain fixed data components in Kinaxis forecasting system and prepare analyses as needed
- Analyze return trends, scrap rates, safety stock, lead times, etc. to ensure proper stock levels and demand signals are maintained.
- Monitor the cost of parts used on the refurbished production line and maintain usage rates within Kinaxis.
- Take initiative to resolve issues as they arise; develop and execute solutions.
Provide support for 3rd party warehouse (3PL) and the Dyson Supply Planners in Southeast Asia
- Provide timely feedback to the Southeast Asia Supply Planners on MOQ and Last Time Buy/ Retirement inquiries.
- Communicate regularly with Southeast Asia Planning Team to ensure timely delivery of parts and conduct regular conference calls for escalated issues.
- Partner with 3PL to analyze refurb usage to ensure the spare parts forecast meets the needs of the refurb production line; proactively identify any shortfalls and develop action plan to resolve.
- Assess and analyze MRP output from Refurb Partner to effectively drive supply and demand signals.
- Provide detailed explanation of demand changes from prior month, and root cause gaps in forecast accuracy and consumption for Supply Chain partners in Southeast Asia.
- Provide statistical data and analysis to support the 3PL Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
Fulfill other duties as necessary
- Develop and recommend improvements to current operating procedures.
- Be forward-thinking and understand long-term impacts of decisions.
- Be an analytical, critical thinker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and drive sustainability.
- Be agile; maintain a “one-team” attitude to pivot and help where necessary.
- Be adaptable and relish the opportunity to pick up new activities, special projects, and ad hoc analyses that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- 3+ years’ experience in a supply chain role required, consumer goods organization experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required – Supply Chain, Operations Management, Logistics, or Engineering preferred
- Supply and Demand Planning experience preferred
- SAP S4 and Kinaxis experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain (S&OP/IBP, Supply/Demand Planning, Inventory) processes and systems
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with Southeast Asia Supply Planning team
- Proven experience analyzing and resolving inventory related issues
- Advanced knowledge / proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to partner effectively with internal and external teams
- High level of aptitude for business math, numerical reasoning, and creative problem solving
- Adaptable/flexible - able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized, with excellent follow-through capabilities
- Sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match and additional discretionary 2% Profit Sharing
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Wellness Program
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.