- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson is rapidly expanding in both new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be a multitude of new machines, new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown.
Dyson’s operations in Southeast Asia are based out of Singapore, with distributor partners collaborating with Dyson staff to grow the business in Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia & Vietnam. The SG office provides the vision and strategy to our partners across the region.
About the role
The Portfolio Planning Senior Manager is the point of contact for portfolio planning across the nominated Dyson regions and provides leadership to the regional team in APAC/SEA.
The role will work with the business to develop overarching strategies relating to portfolio optimisation and set a foundation for regional strategies, market master plans and individual asset strategies as well as managing acquisition and disposal processes end to end.
This role aims to support the business by translating complex portfolio planning concepts into business language, promoting them through clear and articulate management level reporting and executing them to ensure physical property requirements are satisfied.
The Portfolio Planning Senior Manager will deputise for the Global Head of Portfolio Planning where required.
- Collaborate with stakeholders understand Dyson’s regional requirements and use real estate strategy and planning expertise to develop optimal property wrapper to support business priorities.
- Take a proactive approach to portfolio planning and strategy, getting ahead of the portfolio opportunities and underneath the business drivers align the two and recommend solutions that support short, medium and long-term planning.
- Work with all other enabling functions, for example HR, IT and Finance, to align the regional portfolio plan using a joined-up approach.
Governance and Reporting
- Translate complex portfolio planning concepts into business language and promote through clear and articulate reporting for internal clients and senior stakeholders.
- Coordinate relevant stakeholders to develop business cases for portfolio changes and sponsor through approvals process.
- Acts as trusted advisor to business in respect of real estate options analysis and decision making.
- Define relevant, timely and accurate management information reporting to support portfolio strategy and planning activity.
- Proactively manage critical dates to ensure opportunities are considered in the context of business direction. Troubleshoots where opportunities and business requirements do not align.
- Ensure portfolio analyst and lease administration team are keeping regional lease data up to date and the lease administration system reflects the current position of the portfolio.
- Lead end to end transactions for acquisitions, disposals and lease renewals in region, including leading transaction and project management teams in requirements gathering, technical due diligence and contract negotiations.
- Use expert knowledge to analyse inputs from business requirements, forecasts, supply/demand, utilisation data, facility information, resourcing trends, cost, lease and market data to make recommendations with respect to acquisitions, disposals, investment, asset strategies and market opportunities.
- Maintain overview of budget and forecast for the region and coordinate any required responses to make efficiencies across the regional budget.
- Define, guide and manage Portfolio Analyst support and input where required.
Person Specification / Core Competencies
- Stakeholder Management – strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Business savviness – ability to translate business requirements into physical real estate solutions.
- Strategic thinker – capable of lateral thinking to support the business in resolving its property challenges.
- Data Presentation – Strong analytical, writing and presentational skills, including the ability to interpret, summarise and present complex information for different audiences.
- Managing Priorities – an ability to plan and prioritise workload, manage complex activities and meet deadlines.
- Communication - comfortable communicating at all levels of the business, both in written and presentation form.
- Self-starter - proactive and capable of working at pace, uses initiative to resolve problems.
- Management & Leadership – capable of managing internal and external teams to successfully meet Dyson’s requirements.
- More than 15 years of experience in corporate real estate, especially in manufacturing and office property type.
- Demonstrate track record of transaction management across the region.
- Ability to work alongside with programme and cost managers, designers, engineers, facilities and operations teams to ensure that properties acquired are fit for purpose. Knowledge of project development and facility management work.
- Able to navigate complex and evolving briefs from business units as part of the requirements gathering.
- Experience in developing, tracking and reporting progress of multiple initiatives, and effective risk & issue resolution.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.