- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleDyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the Power Electronics & Energy Storage group. The Power Electronics & Energy Storage group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion batteries. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic and Air Wrap, which are revolutionising hair care. A battery management system is vital for the safety, reliability and functionality of cordless products. Our team is responsible for the design of these systems across the Dyson product range.
You will be working as part of a team designing and validating battery management systems and motor drives. As a Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for electronic design as well as the design documentation, test methods and validation. Lead and principal engineers as well as embedded software and other specialists will support you. You will work closely with other teams to deliver these products: design teams to help with how the electronics fit within the product, algorithm and control specialists for the motor drives and cell chemistry specialists for the battery packs. You will also work with a variety of other engineers from both electronic and other disciplines. Your professional development will be overseen by the team you are working with.
- A degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline
- Experience in the design and development of battery management systems, motor drives or other power electronics systems
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- An active approach to the generation of ideas
- The desire and ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields
- Circuit simulation and analysis experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.