- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers at varying levels to join the highly successful Power Electronics and Energy Storage group. The Power Electronics and Energy Storage group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium-Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the revolutionary Dyson hair care range. Dyson battery management systems provide the high-power energy sources required to power the category leading cord free and robot products. As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA.
About the role
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements and standards.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a project.
- Deliver the production intent solution and documentation.
- Ensure safety and reliability of Dyson products.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
- Opportunity for line management responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
- More than 3 years working experience in electronic design industry or similar environment.
- Experience in the design and development of electronic circuitry, motor drives, inverters, SMPS, or other power electronics products.
- Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus.
- Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools and able to create & understand the schematic diagram and PCB layout.
- Experience in circuit simulation, analysis, and design for EMC/EMI.
- Understanding of device characteristics, applications for IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in real-world applications.
- Knowledge and experience of managing thermal issues on the PCBA.
- Able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Experience in people management or technical mentorship.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently or in a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written in English.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.