- Regulatory and Compliance
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Working as part of the Legal Compliance & Ethics Global Privacy Team in Dyson Legal, you will act a lead on privacy compliance matters and activities across Dyson’s business and operations, in particular within our Research, Design and Development (RDD) function. You will also have the opportunity to support on other global projects and initiatives as well as regional activity.
Reporting to the Privacy Manager, you will provide prompt and professional advice to stakeholders on privacy compliance requirements to ensure that personal data is collected and used legally, ethically and responsibly.
About the Role
- As a subject matter expert, provide prompt and professional privacy compliance advice to stakeholders across all of Dyson’s business and operations, with a focus on product development within RDD.
- Act as the first point of contact for privacy-related matters escalated by stakeholders in RDD. This includes supporting stakeholders with the resolution of potential privacy incidents.
- Support the Global Privacy Team’s ongoing privacy compliance activities. This includes undertaking privacy assessments with stakeholders, planning and undertaking visits to Dyson Markets and offices to assess privacy compliance and delivering training.
- Proactively monitor and analyse evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to help Dyson to maintain compliance and strategic alignment.
- Experience in a legal, compliance, auditing, risk management or governance role (at least 5 years).
- Strong knowledge of privacy and data protection laws and requirements in product development, including the 'Internet of Things' connected environment as well as the privacy implications of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. This should ideally be demonstrated with an appropriate qualification (e.g. CIPM, CIPP/E or CIPP/A).
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders regionally or globally.
- Confidence in interpreting and applying legislation, advising on compliance requirements or working with risk or governance frameworks, policies or procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.