- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
1) Lead and drive the performance of the assigned product, including process yield, scrap cost and product quality.
2) Manage the performance of critical processes, analyze production variations and implement process control through use of statistical methods
3) Perform troubleshooting on the process/quality excursion to identify the root-cause, implement the corrective actions and identify the opportunities for improvement
4) Initiate and drive the process improvement initiatives to resolve complex issues, characterize and improve existing/new processes through DOE and date driven analysis.
5) Perform qualification and in-depth data analysis on new process/material improvements to meet the organizational goals.
6) Create and upkeep the production documentations, including Operating procedures, Process Control plan, PFMEA, Work Instructions, etc.
7) Support the NPI initiatives, including the qualifications of new process, equipment and materials to achieve the target product performance within the project timeline
8) Liaise and work closely with cross functional teams to improve operational efficiencies, productivity, cost reduction, etc.
9) Possess excellent project management skills by establishing schedules, required resources (both within the organization or 3rd party), and ROI of projects for the implementations.
a) Bachelor Degree in Engineering
b) Minimum 5 years experience in process engineering or manufacturing industry
c) Strong data analysis and proficiency in using JMP or Minitab software is preferred.
d) Knowledge in FMEA, SPC, OCAP, DOE, and 8D approaches
e) Good team player, able to work independently, resourceful, willing to learn new skills, with good initiatives
f) Good in problem solving, excellent interpersonal and communication skill
g) Proven Project management skill and meticulous to details
h) Ability to work independently with minimum guidance and able to work under pressure to and tight deadlines
i) Ability to hands on and experience in vision measurement system, soldering and adhesive dispensing systems will be advantageous
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.