- Finance, Procurement
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Procurement team sources high quality materials for areas across the whole business and builds the right long-term relationships to give us the highest possible standards for the best price. This helps us maintain our competitive advantage and enables our long-term growth. We tackle complex issues across risk management and sustainability, through to supply chain management, cost savings and lifecycle value generation.
About the role
You will be managing several business process outsourcing
[BPO] requirements and independently owning the end-to-end procurement process
for complex global tenders and projects. You will influence senior stakeholders
across markets and business units, and manage the overall procurement process
As a team, we look to provide Dyson with an advantage: through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. You will create and implement robust and forward-looking global procurement programmes and tenders, based on the business needs and technological changes in the market.
We implement appropriate global, regional and national BPO projects, working in conjunction with business stakeholders and with the support of the relevant global and market procurement teams.
Procurement Managers at Dyson should demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change. You should be able to provide clear direction to business stakeholders, bringing energy and pace to category activity. You need to be able to understand complex business problems, using market knowledge and meticulous thinking to provide the most appropriate business outcome.
Our team has to work quickly, drive corrective action and embed best practices and compliance to the operating model.
You will also continually assess the commercial risks associated with the projects, taking into account the changing economic and market conditions, as well as the legal and regulatory requirements.
We need you to have extensive experience:
- Managing complex, global BPO sourcing initiatives for central business functions (excluding IT)
- Negotiating global BPO contracts with a range of leading providers
- Working in a global matrix organisation
- Working in operational areas within categories or supply base
- Managing projects
- Be comfortable working in diverse environments and adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Be credible with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Sustain personal energy, self-motivation and productivity
- Be able to remove complexity and identify and raise opportunities
- Be commercially astute, with a fastidious eye for detail
- Have a proven ability to solve problems and drive decision making
- Have strong negotiation and numeracy skills, and knowledge of contract law
Ideally, you will also have a:
- Working knowledge of multiple categories / commodities
- Strong understanding of e-procurement processes and systems
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.