- MYR Competitive Salary
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the procurement projects strategy, working with global engineering and procurement teams to manage projects within respective category. The main focus of the role is to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time & support ramp up, ensuring the Commodity Strategy within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
The role will also be driving & manage project cost to meet Should Cost and Target Cost from NPI to SOP. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost, Commodity Managers to deliver this set target, also ensuring cost clarity and risk/opportunity around project costs are driven and reported.
- Present project’ status & cost, and review actions with the Global Procurement Director & Global Procurement Heads, providing feedback on progress and actions.
- Lead and drive the activity plan that determines Procurement timeframes for success and highlight in a RAG sheet / Procurement Project Status Report where projects risks are on schedule or fallen behind and report this to the Senior Management.
- Represent Procurement in SPD and key product project meetings and ensure that we identify all procurement related issues/aspects that could be seen as a risk. This might be capacity, capability or cost as we go from project milestone to the Start of Production. Work closely together with the engineering leadership to ensure projects opportunities/risks are being addressed and resolved.
- Work with the UK Procurement team on projects being transferred over, ensuring all deliverables for transfer are completed and ownership and responsibilities of each Category are clearly defined. Where no Sourcing Plans are in place, your team and you will work the Category to develop sourcing plans and identify lead time for each components, managing the procurement activities from various prototyping or engineering builds planned as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- Work in collaboration with Cross Functions team (Manufacturing, Commodity, RDD, Finance) to drive cost savings on your projects to meet the PPV target set for the overall Procurement team. In collaboration with Commodity Managers and suppliers, ensure best pricing is achieved, either through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing etc.
- Work closely with Product Cost team on providing components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision. As part of the project life cycle, you will support the work on Engineering Build (EB) Cost.
- Report overall Procurement progress on Tooling, P&E, and related activities on the projects.
- Degree qualified.
- At least 8 years in a relevant experience preferably from a manufacturing environment.
- Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement. Experienced in Supply Planning & Procurement will be added advantage.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Good written communication (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels, ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organization.
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Assertiveness / negotiation - readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required and ensure decisions are made when required.