- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson operates at the leading edge of new technology and research. We are looking for an experienced Procurement Professional to lead our upstream supplier selection and evaluation for our rapidly evolving in house battery cell technology.
About the role
Working in close collaboration with Senior internal stakeholders in our Tech Scouting, Research, and NPI teams, you will strive to find the best-in-class suppliers with the highest performance possible. You will position suppliers for supply assurance early in the development cycle, evaluate their commercial viability and ensure that potential new vendors have flexibility in meeting Dyson’s product launch schedules.
Additionally, you will co-develop, own and drive the upstream Commodity Strategy for Energy Storage Materials.
Global Commodity Managers and Strategic Sourcing Specialists work collaboratively with our Procurement, Engineering, Quality, CSER and Legal teams to provide front line support to the newest Dyson Technologies and Projects.
- Drive Procurement compliance early in the project development cycle, manage existing and new external partners in the early development phase of Dyson Energy Storage programs to ensure we are building robust supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Support Dyson Tech Scouting and Research teams, assuming full commercial responsibility for Early Supplier Engagement, Sourcing and Supplier Selection for suppliers in the field of Energy Storage Materials (Battery)
- Push a dual sourcing strategy into the upstream activities, working closely with the Electrochemical Research and Engineering team to test and qualify alternative suppliers.
- Build and align the Dyson Technology Roadmap to our vendor roadmaps and strategies.
- Screen markets for new vendors that meet our requirements, drive the selection process and steer allocation decision.
- Pre-negotiate and agree budgetary costs with vendors, ensuring complete commercial viability early in the milestone process.
- Undertake risk assessment management. Work closely with Category Procurement Managers (CPM), Quality and CSER teams to identify risk components, and then support mitigation.
You will have and be able to demonstrate a clear passion for Technology and Commodity Management and the benefits it can bring to our organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable with operating with ambiguity at all levels within the business.
Technical know-how, commercial acumen, C-Level Stakeholder management and experienced influencing skills will be key for this role. Resilience and the desire to bring about fundamental change is also essential.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Chemistry or Business.
- Experienced in management of raw material procurement.
- Has worked with and/or at manufacturers for Batteries, Energy Storage Materials or Chemicals.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills in monopolistic and competitive settings.
- Ability and drive to work independently.
- Excellent project management and data presentation skills.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.