- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Part of Global Manufacturing & Procurement, the Category Procurement team is the single point of contact representing Procurement in each Business Category and its projects/products, ensuring end to end (E2E) Category responsibility, focusing on milestone adherence and transparency, proactive risk management and dual sourcing, driving delivery on time in full (OTIF) and target cost achievement from a BOM perspective.
The Category Procurement Manager will manage Procurement sourcing activity for New Product Development (NPD) projects based in the UK.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
As a Category Procurement Manager, you will Project Manage for NPI/NPD projects based in the UK, working in cross-functional project teams supporting the Product Creation process from the early concept phase.
- Ensure Procurement milestone deliverables & KPI’s are proactively managed, tracked and met to support NPI/NPD projects.
- Report Procurement project status to Operations and senior stakeholders.
- Identify, mitigate and report Procurement risks for your assigned projects.
- Develop and manage project sourcing plans, including Procurement dual sourcing plans and dual sourcing business cases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on project Bill of Materials mapping and part categorisation to prioritise and ensure ownership and responsibilities within each Procurement commodity are clearly assigned for sourcing activity to commence and progress.
- Drive the right sourcing decisions at the right time, to ensure sufficient supply chain capacity and readiness for production ramp up and ongoing production
- Ensure Direct Procurement Global Commodity strategies are aligned to support the overall Category portfolio.
- Collaborate with NPI/NPD design teams to plan bought-out part and material requirements and specifications release for supplier engagement through Procurement Engineering and
- Work closely with the SEA Procurement team on projects being transferred, ensuring all transfer deliverables are completed and transfer ownership and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Drive & manage project and product cost to meet Should Costs and Target Costs from New Product Innovation (NPI) to End of Life (EOL). The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost team (Finance), Global Commodity Managers & Procurement Engineering to ensure best pricing is achieved to meet the cost saving targets set for the Global Procurement team.
- Manage bought-out component pricing on a monthly basis, or whenever there is a change or up issue in revision, during the project life cycle.
- Manage the project dual sourcing business case and implementation of the plan with RDD, to ensure dual sourcing delivers the return on investment and creates supply chain resilience.
- Encourage supplier input into the design and cost, working with RDD, Procurement Engineering and Global Commodity Managers to drive best cost and cost down initiatives, understanding and reporting cost risks and opportunities.
- Assess supply chain risk for your projects within the Category to EOL, ensuring supplier and part risks are understood, reported and mitigated, to ensure continuity of supply and creating competition for cost benefit. This will involve close collaboration with GCM’s, RDD and Operations to ensure mitigation plans are in place and implemented.
- Manage the procurement activities for prototyping and engineering builds as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvement activity and process improvements
Experience & Skills required:
- Degree/CIPS qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain and/or recognized qualification in Project Management
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- Procurement experience or an awareness of Request for Quotation, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels and the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask “silly” questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- A fair-minded approach and ability to be totally objective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
- Accountability, integrity and confidence, always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.