- MYR Competitive
- Supply Chain and Logistics, Procurement
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleProcurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision-making. The Procurement team works directly with our Research, Design and Development (RDD) department on Dyson's most secret projects, as well as non-RDD areas across the business. Sourcing high quality materials, and finished components with demanding specifications, means tracking down niche suppliers. It requires tenacity, speed and efficiency to meet project milestones. In essence, we need to be as inventive as Dyson engineers.
As a result of continuous investment and capability growth, we typically look to recruit the following positions: Commodity Management, Category Projects, Capex, NPI, Supply Assurance.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing project sourcing plans. This will involve working with the Global Research Design & Development (RDD) Category team, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, as well as the Global Procurement team, to manage your assigned projects/products. The main focus is to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production, whilst ensuring the Global Commodity strategies within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
- At least 5 years experience in Procurement / Commodity Management.
- Sound commercial knowledge operating in a Manufacturing environment. Interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others
- Fluent communicator with the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organization.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- Have an ability to challenge norm and seek new ways of doing things.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.