- MYR Competitive
- Supply Chain and Logistics, Procurement
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Procurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision-making. The Procurement team works directly with our Research, Design and Development (RDD) department on Dyson's most secret projects, as well as non-RDD areas across the business. Sourcing high quality materials, and finished components with demanding specifications, means tracking down niche suppliers. It requires tenacity, speed and efficiency to meet project milestones. In essence, we need to be as inventive as Dyson engineers.
AccountabilitiesAs we continue to develop new technologies that solve every problems, there are multiple opportunities for Procurement professionals to join our rapidly expanding operations Dyson's Malaysia Development Centre in Senai, Johor. Opportunities lie within Commodity Management, Category Projects procurement, Supply Assurance.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing project sourcing plans. This will involve working with the Global Research Design & Development (RDD) Category team, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, as well as the Global Procurement team, to manage your assigned projects/products. The main focus is to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production, whilst ensuring the Global Commodity strategies within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
- At least 5 years experience in Procurement / Commodity Management.
- Sound commercial knowledge operating in a Manufacturing environment. Interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others
- Fluent communicator with the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organization.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- Have an ability to challenge norm and seek new ways of doing things.