- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
At Dyson, we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we are highly passionate about what we do.
This is a key role within the Global Product Cost (GPC) organization. GPC is responsible for product cost across the entire Dyson product range (floorcare, haircare, environmental care, new categories). The scope spans products in R&D phase (New Product Development) to products in production till end of life.
This Senior Product Cost Manager is responsible for a global portfolio NPD projects from inception till its launch into the marketplace. The role involves working globally (UK, SG & Malaysia) with a cross functional team spanning NPI/NPD RDD Designers, Commercial Marketing, Engineering, Procurement, Operations and Finance to drive attainment of business goals. This high calibre individual will have purview over exciting, innovative projects in the pipeline that form the future of Dyson’s growth. This individual will be leading a team of 2 (currently) to optimize cost and be a key influencer from a cost viability standpoint as to whether NPD meets profitability targets. This individual must have strong business acumen, solid prior experience in product costing with the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
About The Role
- Leadership over your category’s entire NPD portfolio range.
- Responsibility to drive E2E product cost governance, optimize cost, maximize efficiencies, make recommendations to drive NPD projects to achieve profitability targets
- Responsible for providing timely, accurate and insightful analysis on product cost to support project milestone, financial health checks, change management and risk-opportunity tracking.
- Generate cost build up estimates for new NPD Research Design and Development (RDD) projects and evaluating multiple design alternatives for lowest cost possible.
- Responsible for embedding new ways of working across the cross functional team to raise the profile and importance of product cost. Embedding a new cost-conscious environment to manage product cost transparency and accountability.
- Work collaboratively while challenging multiple stakeholders (Designers, Engineering, Operations, Procurement and Finance) to achieve stretch cost targets
- Manage the monthly reporting cycle to support the product cost change movements, understand the associated risks and opportunities which could impact a product as it progresses through the development cycle.
- Develop and coach team to build a strong category product cost team that is knowledgeable, independent, and ready for future leadership roles
- Drive continuous improvement throughout data, process, and people
- Communicate with impact and create a sense of urgency and responsibility to address cost challenges.
- You thrive in an ever-evolving environment with global presences and multiple stakeholders
- You are energized by solving problems by bringing people with competing goals to the same table to achieve a common goal
- An engineering / manufacturing/ cost accounting degree with previous experience and more than 10 years in a product cost engineering role.
- Proven experience dealing with change transformation and introducing new process or ways of working
- You have the ability to both think strategically and operationalize those strategic plans into execution plans with clear set of KPI to drive towards success
- Working experience in Consumer Products Industry and/or Technology business.
- Governance of detailed ‘should cost ‘ to validate supplier quotes and ensure target cost achieved.
- Knowledge of manufacturing capabilities such as plastic injection moulding, metal extrusion/stamping, rubber over-mould and electronics PCB assembly.
- Knowledge of design optimization using Value-Engineering Concept.
- Demonstrable strong analytical ability to provide cost insight and actionable deliverables.
- Evaluating multiple cost down idea and “make” vs “buy” analysis.
- Able to manage product design complexity and influence senior stakeholders.
- Strong communication and leadership influencing skills
- Proven record of managing high performing teams
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.