- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Things move very quickly at Dyson. In twenty-five years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 9,000 people and a presence in over 80 countries. From GB to Singapore and many countries in between, we’ve sold well over 100 million machines.
Our Environmental Care (EC) category is now over ten years old; inaugurated by the world’s first bladeless fan and now focused on market-leading air treatment and connected lighting technology. As a category, our vision is to improve the well-being of millions of Dyson owners each year through better technology and to become a trusted voice in air quality.
The EC Category Team is responsible for bringing our engineering stories and product technologies to life through local GTM strategies. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead on key initiatives designed to drive brand awareness, increase consideration and deliver against our business goals - including the launch of ground-breaking new technology.
About the role
Senior Product Marketing Manager – B2B for our professional Environmental Care team, based on-site at our stunning purpose-built location in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
This vital role in the Group Commercial organisation reports into the Global Head of Category for Dyson Professional. This role will be the senior leader for the Dyson Product portfolio and will be focused on working with our engineering teams and sales teams in markets to launch new products and build a portfolio that truly answers customer needs. The role will involve developing the product strategy for the next 2-5 years, ensuring products and the messaging for accompanying campaigns are innovative, financially sound and successful in market.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the line management and coaching of Commercial Managers and Executives within category.
What do they think?
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will always have the questions below in the forefront of their minds when making decisions:
- How can I improve how customers view Dyson’s offering to business?
- How do we drive sales to our newer Airblade technology?
- How can we really step change our category expansion?
- How can we ensure that the specification of our business products stand the strongest chance of success with major tenders across our key target sectors?
The Professional GTM (go to market) team sits within the wider EC, Lighting and Professional GTM team in the Group GTM function. The team bring to life problem-solving technology in engaging and meaningful ways for consumers.
Working with our commercial; sales teams; markets; engineering; insights; creative; and digital teams; the Senior Product Marketing Manager – will be responsible for the leadership of the Dyson Professional Product portfolio and will feed into the creation of campaigns that bring this portfolio to life.
The successful candidate should be able to prove capability across the areas below::
- Business case development in association with finance and the General Manager for Dyson Professional. To support the milestone process for new products and the allocation of resource for initiatives.
- Formation of spec for NPD SKUS alongside the engineering head of category and the consumer GTM team where applicable.
- Work closely with the Product and technical teams within Commercial (Claims, Insights, Legal, CST) to ensure that the specification of our products will enable the product to succeed in market. Work closely with Commercial Managers in region to define success criteria in market.
- Proactively responds to changes in competitor and market landscape affecting claims
- Represents and prioritises market feedback and insights - owns relationships with senior market stakeholders and ensures relevant insights are taken into account. Coaches the team to understand market context to drive decisions.
- Develop and drive strategic planning for the long-term growth of the category.
Skills and Attributes
- Held a senior commercial role for at least 2 years, with line management responsibilities
- A mind that lends itself to the very technical but also softer communication skills enabling you to relate closely to all parties
- Effective presentation skills to both internal and external audiences
- Strong leadership ability
- Drives for results whilst influencing others
- Demonstrated long term strategic thinking
- Experience of driving product strategy to deliver business results
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- Organised and forward thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
- Creative thinker that can introduce innovative solutions into the business
- Excellent relationship builder with proven stakeholder management
- Enjoys the thrill of working across a fast paced and dynamic environment
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.