- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is rapidly expanding in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be a multitude of new machines, new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. Within this function, the Global Experience Studio has the unique mission to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our customers. We create assets and multi-channel journeys that help our customers discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
About the role12 Month Fixed Term Contract - Malmesbury & Bristol
Dyson has embarked on a transformation journey that will deliver a new operating model, processes and technology and enable us to meet the challenges created by our growth ambitions, changing market landscape and fierce competition. Specifically, the Future of Direct & Experience – Data & Content programme will deliver new Marketing Technology systems and transform our Commercial Operations by:
- Consolidating our global content storage into a new, state-of-the-art digital asset management platform
- Delivering a marketing resource management solution that will support optimised content production and delivery processes
- Integrating this content hub with the various content delivery systems to enable a consistent experience across channels
- Integrating our owner data into one location to enable efficient personalized content and journeys to be delivered.
- Create and manage a backlog of requirements for the delivery of the Marketing Content Hub. Ensure that all business requirements are met within the user stories and epics.
- Work closely with the market, IT and Business delivery team to define the roadmap and prioritise the backlog to ensure we’re able to deliver based on business priority.
- Provide reporting to key team member and senior stakeholders across all of the Commercial backlog and project deliverables.
- Ensure the sprint is protected once sprint goals have been defined and the sprint has started
- Ensure that knowledge gaps within the roadmap are identified
- Works with the BA team to create the full product backlog and will ensure all business requirements are met within the User Stories and Epics defined by the BAs
- Has an exceptional understanding of Agile methodologies
- Provides reporting to key team members and senior stakeholders across all of the backlog and project deliverables
- Works with the various insight teams to drive change based on that evidence.
What do you think within the role?
The Senior Product Owner will always have the questions below in the forefront of their minds when making decisions:
- Are we meeting the business capability requirements for their system they are the PO of?
- Are we meeting our owners’ requirements for their system they are the PO of?
- Are we adequately resourced in all areas to deliver against the agreed Project Roadmap?
- How do we best report progress to the wider business and ensure we are managing risk?
- Are we following the correct Agile methodologies?
- Are projects following process and is the business making informed decisions about them based on transparent and clear data?
- Does the backlog accurately cover all requirements that have been raised and validated?
- Do we have the correct Acceptance criteria on all User Stories?
- At least 5 years’ experience of product ownership including the delivery of IT system capabilities, e.g., Digital, Marketing Technologies, CRM
- At least 3 years’ experience in the design and implementation of DAM systems
- Data and content savvy, with a good understanding of the processes to produce and distribute marketing assets, and of the corresponding customer and product data and asset metadata
- Ability to develop and successfully lead a multi-disciplinary project team, potentially across multiple organisations and locations (on site, remote, offshore)
- Strong focus on quality and excellence
- Strong leadership qualities
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.