- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a technology company which is forever innovating and looking to develop new and exciting products. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, which is carried out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Dyson so that our customers can benefit from products that work even better.
As part of the Dyson Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
About the role
- To become the Verification Lead in competitor product performance and Dyson claim testing for specific product category, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards.
- To liaise with Research, Commercial, Legal, CSI (Claims, Standards and Insights), CST (Competitor Strategy Team), project team, design teams and Product Verification Lead to identify and develop the verification strategy for competitor testing and claims; to assess and improve Dyson product designs and technologies to be able to be at the top in the market.
- To work with GPVT (Global Product Verification & Test) engineers and technicians in UK and South-East Asia to identify, prioritise and plan performance test capability and capacity to support competitors and claims tests demand.
- To review the competitors’ products features/technologies and provide advice on the test setup based on the specific products designs.
- To review, align and report out verification plan, test method readiness, test capacity, test results (including statistical techniques where appropriate), the risks associated with the claims to be made and provide necessary advice to the relevant stakeholders.
- To carry out other related tasks in addition to the above main tasks.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related field or equivalent experience with broad technical engineering skills.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the industry.
- Knowledge in defining system and functional system requirements and requirements flow down.
- Experience with FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), TRL (Technology Readiness Level) and statistical analysis.
- Experience in working with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodologies and exposure to test automation.
- Familiar with international test method standards (IEC, EN, ASTM, etc.) and internally developed test method focusing on performance testing for the product.
- Possess people leadership and excellent organisational skills; able to plan ahead, to prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate the work of others.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; able to translate and communicate complex technical information to relevant teams, managers and directors as required.
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and enjoy greatly the idea of solving problems that have not been solved at scale before.
- Proactive and have high level of urgency and commitment.
- Excellent personality and open to positive criticism.
- Self-starter with full of initiative to make the difference.
- Perseverance – consistently putting effort to maintain and further improve current system / method.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Capable of working under pressure, commit to tight deadlines and able to think and react promptly.
- Ability to look at details is an added advantage.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.