- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Connected function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing the App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the role
- Managing a large complex portfolio of projects, upholding the highest standards of delivery methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk/issue management.
- Ensuring exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure.
- Proficient management of strategic 3rd party suppliers.
- Empowering your team to accelerate the wider Dyson business by managing changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Ensuring excellent financial stewardship by delivering predictable and reliable cost estimating, management and forecasting across the portfolio.
- Understanding the business case drivers and collaborating with business stakeholders to deliver a scalable and future proofed solution.
- Embedding quality across all aspects of the portfolio to deliver successfully with no major issues at go live; this includes effective management of risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Building high performing teams with strong business and content knowledge and flexibility to work across business areas, setting career goals and nurturing talent.
- Direct line management of delivery teams, including project managers, scrum masters etc with matrix management of wider cross functional delivery teams.
- Creation and alignment of end to end delivery plans and roadmaps to support Connected vision and strategy.
- Working within the Connected Leadership team to define strategy, best practice and continuous improvement.
At least 10 years’ experience of IT/Digital project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations. Experience in FMCG, manufacturing, medical devices or any other physical product-based organisations would be an added advantage.
In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme life-cycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of projects.
Management of a portfolio, including multi-disciplined teams across a variety of delivery frameworks
Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
Successful track-record of leading fast-paced development of a suite of NPD/Digital projects operating within a Hybrid-Agile Project Management approach dealing with significant levels of ambiguity and remain focused on delivery to meet business critical milestone dates.
Solid stakeholder engagement and matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others.
Demonstrable experience of applying robust governance frameworks to in-flight projects that have a mix of delivery frameworks, including Agile development workstreams.
Excellent communication and presentation skills to C-suite stakeholders, with the ability to inspire confidence, demonstrate leadership and project gravitas.
Proficient in the management of 3rd party relationships and the ability to drive high-performance outcomes from joint supplier / client project teams.
Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid) backed up by experience of applying them successfully in practice.
Experience of delivering complex projects with budgets around £5m+.
Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams across a range of locations including 3rd parties.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.