- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the Role
Senior programme manager will lead the business change that will make Dyson a true omnichannel retailer and deploy the necessary infrastructure consisting of a distributed order management system and delivery management platforms. The role sits within the Digital Transformation team of the Global Supply Chain and reports to the Global Director of Integrated Business Planning and Digital Supply Chain Transformation. You will be a member of the Digital Supply Chain Transformation Leadership team.
The programme comprises seven workstreams for the development and deployment of our frontend and backend infrastructure, as well as business change. You will be responsible for ensuring that the programme is delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. The total number of staff on the programme is more than 50. Most of whom report to you within a matrix organization while about a handful are direct reports. Once a month, you will report the progress of the programme to the Steering Committee consisting of senior leaders including the Chief Supply Chain Officer and Chief Commercial Officer.
- Lead the overall programme management for the deployment of an order management system and delivery management platforms
- Lead the business change that will affect people within supply chain, sales, e-commerce, customer service, finance and more
- Develop a programme charter that provides clear objectives and guiding principles for the programme to operate successfully
- Develop and maintain a detailed programme plan, including timelines, resource requirements, risks, and dependencies
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including senior management, business leads, and IT teams
- Lead the development of change management plans to support the adoption of new processes and systems
- Ensure that appropriate governance is in place for the programme, including risk management, issue management, and change control
- Provide regular updates to senior management on the progress of the programme, highlighting any risks, issues, or dependencies that require attention
- Manage programme finances, ensuring that the programme is delivered within budget
- Develop and manage a high-performing programme team, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring team members as required
- Ensure that the programme is delivered to the required quality standards, including adherence to best practices, standards, and processes
- Ensure that each workstream is delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards
- Manage the complexity of different delivery methodologies; some workstreams work agile while others are delivered following waterfall methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Supply Chain or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience in programme management, with a proven track record of delivering complex programmes on time and within budget
- Formal certification in programme management is a plus
- Experience in leading business change, with a focus on adoption of new processes and systems and highly complex IT elements
- Deep understanding of different project delivery methodologies, such as waterfall and agile
- Experience in omnichannel environments and deploying of order management systems and delivery management platforms is a plus
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with senior management and business leads
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas and issues to a range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a high-performing programme team
- Strong financial management skills, with experience in managing large budgets
- Experience in working in a global, matrixed organization
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.