- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. We’re rapidly expanding our product systems engineering team to help us manage that complexity and ultimately get our new ideas to market sooner.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Programme Manager to come and lead our Hair Care Programme and Project Management team. This exciting position is critical to helping deliver the continued growth of the Hair Care Category, programme managing the delivery of new products that continue to revolutionise how hair care is delivered.
The Programme Management team and this role have a high level of visibility, benefiting from a close relationship with the HC Senior Leadership team, which enables them to deliver, alongside the hugely talented team of engineers and scientists.
About the role
- Accountable for programme management activities within the Hair Care Category to enable delivery of all projects on cost, specification and time to meet the 5 year targets.
- Effective management of the global Hair Care Category Project Management team across three locations, ensuring the programme has the appropriate level of Stakeholder sponsorship and engagement.
- Ensure full transparency of Hair Care programmes and projects status across the Category. As a leader you will adopt a close working relationship with Heads of and Directors across multiple functions.
- Ensure all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other Category teams and business functions as necessary.
- Manage the key interdependencies within the Hair Care Category roadmap, making and influencing key decisions based on Category priorities to deliver in a fast and efficient manner within the resources available.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Accelerate the Hair Care Category delivery by providing direction for all project risks and issues ensuring effective mitigation's and resolutions are in place, escalating in project governance where necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a high-quality project management methodology and adopting new governance processes rolled out by the CEO office.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives within the RDD wide Product Development steering group.
- Accountable for coaching and developing the Hair Care project management team.
Skills and experiences
- A proven track record in programme delivery across multiple projects with experience of delivering consumer electronics
- Excellent knowledge of multiple programme and project management methods, with qualifications in at least one or more methodologies (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile, APM, Lean Six Sigma)
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes and launch management.
- Experience of delivering complex programmes.
- Appreciation and understanding of the critical business functions contribution NPD including Commercial, Finance and Operations functions.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders quickly
- Excellent problem solver, with a proactive and solutions orientated mindset
- Experience in leading, managing and developing people including offshore/remote teams
- A strong agent of change.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.