- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Senior Project Manager – Global Connectivity
Senior Project Manager
Assignment / Programme:
Full Time/Part Time
Product & Programme Director
Hullavington with travel to other locations
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right the way through from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Connected function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing the App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following assignment specific requirements:
- Successful track-record of leading fast-paced development projects operating within a Hybrid- Agile Project Management approach dealing with significant levels of ambiguity and remain focused on delivery to meet business critical milestone dates.
- Demonstrable experience of applying robust governance frameworks to in-flight projects that have an Agile development workstream.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to inspire confidence, demonstrate leadership and project gravitas.
- Proficient in the management of 3rd party relationships and the ability to drive high-performance outcomes from joint supplier / client project teams.
- Significant experience of building robust project plan with expert level skills in MSP and deep knowledge of project planning techniques.
About the role
Reporting to the Product & Programme Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing large complexity projects and upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure
- Working to accelerate the wider Dyson business by managing changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Delivering digital projects that enhance the customer journey through the App
- Building high performing teams with strong business and content knowledge and flexibility to work across business areas
- Ensuring excellent financial stewardship by delivering predictable and reliable cost estimating, management and forecasting
- Understanding the business case drivers and collaborating with business stakeholders to deliver a scalable and future proofed solution
- Developing a flexible delivery approach tailored to the business challenge for each project
- Embedding quality across all aspects of the project to deliver successfully with no major issues at go live; this includes effective management of risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Seeking out opportunities for innovation by identifying and leveraging delivery accelerators that improve the speed of delivery and/or the cost to serve
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT/Digital project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of projects.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
- Solid matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others
- Extensive stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme life-cycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of projects.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid) backed up by experience of applying them successfully in practice
- Experience of delivering complex projects with budgets between £1m - £5m
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams across a range of locations including 3rd parties
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.