- Project Management
- United Kingdom
You will lead the integration of key functions across a multi-functional team in the research and development of Dyson's future products. There are over 2,000 engineers and scientists at Dyson, dedicated to inventing and improving Dyson machines. You will collaborate across the business, spanning many functions from New Product Innovation into Commercial, Connectivity and New Product Development. There is plenty of opportunity for growth and to further establish the role and team.
- Use your communication and coordination skills to resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Challenge concepts to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Encourage and influence the team to use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards
- You'll have responsibility for information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution
- Work with development to ensure new technologies maximise the performance of new products
- Manage multiple stakeholders expectations across all categories from early stage to launch
- Experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines