- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right the way through from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Connected function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing the App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
The Project Manager role
Working in the Global connectivity Programme & Products team, you will be responsible for consolidating and delivering a range of transformation and discovery projects to support data maturity across the business.
As one of a small team of programme and project managers, this role will focus on delivering change to the connected APP via an enhancements process as well as supporting the business change required globally across markets and customer facing channels.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with picking up concepts and scenarios quickly and adeptly identifying risk and opportunities to shape effective ROI driven business cases.
Reporting to the Senior Programme director, you will be responsible for:
- Strong leadership, problem solving and complex project delivery
- Managing large tactical projects or multimillion-pound strategic projects
- Upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Contributing to transforming the team into a strategic function by ensuring your projects are structured, well planned and executed
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider RDD governance)
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by taking personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables. Never accepting ‘average’ or ‘ok’, only excellence.
- Helping the global connectivity delivery teamwork towards being rapidly scalable by being diligent in risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Creating quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders and creating detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Snr Programme Manager.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguity and design creative solutions
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Possess solid matrix management skills
- Robust and varied experience of project management, ideally gained in innovation or digital projects
- A proven record in delivery
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies include Waterfall & scaled agile
- Experience of delivering complex projects with tight budget control
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations
- An agent of change
- Business change management / communication planning
- Budget management and financial reporting
- Business case development and benefit realisation
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Experience in Digital, APP, Customer experience transformation
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.