- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Digital Business Technologies Team has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development and Finance & Procurement.
About the role
Reporting to the Programme Manager you will be responsible for:
- Delivering digital projects that enhance the customer journey in a retail context. For example, implementation of digital customer service technologies or CRM solutions or Websites.
- Delivering complex multi-million pound business transformation projects at pace, providing sound
- decision making and calm leadership under pressure
- Building high performing teams with strong business and content knowledge and flexibility to work
- across business areas
- Accelerating the wider Dyson business by upholding the highest standards of project management and mastering the Dyson IT PPM methodologies. As an active and engaged member of the PPM community of practice you will be expected to identify and realise opportunities for continuous improvement in our ways of working.
- Ensuring excellent financial stewardship by delivering predictable and reliable cost estimating,
- management and forecasting
- Understanding the business case drivers and collaborating with business stakeholders to deliver a scalable and future proofed solution
- Developing a flexible delivery approach tailored to the business challenge for each project
- Embedding quality across all aspects of the project to deliver successfully with no major issues at go live; this includes effective management of risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Seeking out opportunities for innovation by identifying and leveraging delivery accelerators that improve the speed of delivery and/or the cost to serve
- Developing your career at Dyson by creating and owning your professional and personal development plan, using the PPM talent development framework to baseline your capabilities and identify stretch targets to build your career
- Strong leadership abilities with IT project management
- Knowledge and experience of delivering digital projects that enhance the customer journey in a retail context. For example, implementation of digital customer service technologies or CRM solutions or Websites.
- Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
- Solid matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others
- Extensive stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme life-cycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of projects.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid) backed up by experience of applying them successfully in practice
- Experience of delivering complex projects with budgets between £1m - £5m
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams across a range of locations including 3rd parties
- Proven ability to manage project budgets effectively and experience of financial reporting
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Lunches
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.